Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2006 Land Cruiser 120 LC5 unknown button between the ignition and the bonnet release

Andy Bingham

Country Flag
england
IMG_1010.jpg

I have a 2006 Land Cruiser 120 LC5 and I can't find out what the button between the ignition and the bonnet release does. I have looked in the manual but there is no mention of it. Can anyone help please?

Looks like something to do with Immobiliser /Alarm, Can you actually press it, so its in / out....I had a LC5 Dont ever remember one being there

Yes, that looks like the contact point for an immobilizer fitted to our company pool van, you touch the prodder (looks like a short pen attached to the keyring) to the contact point which disarms the thing.
One can only assume its been disconnected, to be honest the one in the van is a pain in the fundament at the best of times.
There isn't one of those in my LC5.

I have 2006 lc3 120 . Nothing to do with alarm/immobiliser, thats on key fob It's to turn off the front parking sensors, and programme. There's a switch in the rear chubby for the rear ones. There is a recent thread on here for those of us having problems.

That button is for when you are parked up near an obstetrical and the front parking sensors are beeping you can turn the beeping off while engine is running so the beeping is not annoying the driver . when you turn off the engine it is cancelled so next time you start the car and want to stay parked there you will have to cancel it again by pressing the button again and so on . dont know if it works on the rear parking sensors also .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back