Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2007 Peugeot Partner Valuation

Charlie

Country Flag
indonesia
I’m looking for a favour here, does anybody have access to the Glassguide used car price guide or similar. My mother had a car accident a couple of days ago, her insurance company is already saying it’s a write off. They have not offered her a price yet, but I’m just trying to get a fair guideprice first for her.
The vehicle was a low mileage 2007 low mileage diesel Peugeot Partner (car), as per the photo below.

Attachments

• Peugeot Partner.jpg
    Peugeot Partner.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 100
I'd look around places like Autotrader and ebay for an idea of the current retail prices of similar cars - use these as your proof if you need to talk up the price with the insurers as this is effectively the prices you would be working with to replace the car with an identical model.

The Glass guide is what the trade use when buying in or p/xing, so you'll be shooting yourself in the foot on the replacement value.

Looking in Auto trader it looks like between 5 and 5 1/2 K...

I'd look around places like Autotrader and ebay for an idea of the current retail prices of similar cars - use these as your proof if you need to talk up the price with the insurers as this is effectively the prices you would be working with to replace the car with an identical model.

The Glass guide is what the trade use when buying in or p/xing, so you'll be shooting yourself in the foot on the replacement value.

True. it does give Trade + PX values, but it also has the Retail price as well (ie how much mark up you can expect) which is what I think he's after.

Vauxhall's website used to be good with giving you a Price, but it's not as good as it used to be now... they actually follow up and try to make a sale...

Autotrader is often close to top Retail as a lot of the adverts are for dealers rather than private; private sales can be a bit harder to work out...

Good Luck!

Well, I know which figures I'd be using to negotiate a price with! :lol:

IMO, if you can look through Autotrader and find 3 or 4 adverts for similar model/spec cars, provide those to the Insurance company, if their valuation is below par (usually the case). Once you have made your case, they can't really refute the evidence and should pay you a fair price to allow you to purchase a similar replacement.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi

Hope your mum is ok.

When my LJ78 was rear-ended, the insurance company wrote it off due to cost of repair.

I found as many similar vehicles as I could and used them to demonstrate it value. The assessor was from an independent company, and was actually really helpful. He advised me to find similar cars that were for sale privately and supply those ads. - this is because within the dealer price is a mark up, and the insurance company wont pay it.

So my advice is as the others, but concentrate on finding private ads.

Have all service documantation etc available.

Was the accident someone elses fault, if so, are you dealing with there insurer directly, or via your own insurance? (or mums).

Pete

Back