Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2007 Toyota Land Cruiser Purchase

garrains

Country Flag
united_states
My dilemma is I’m going to purchase a 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser next week, but I’ve been thinking real hard if I should buy it. The reason is, when I took it to have it checked out by my mechanic, it read code to replace the cat bank 1, and the front diff had to be rebuilt. This tells me either this car wasn’t taken care of or used heavily in off reading. Oh, I forgot to mention, it has 236,000 miles on the odometer. The CARFAX came back with a clean bill of health with no accidents and 31 service records, which showed this car was not taken care of the way I would have taken care of it. Just trying to decide whether to pull the trigger or not. I realize this truck will have to have work done on it to bring it up to my standards. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for listening!! GTR

Update, I didn’t buy the 2007 LC, there were to many repairs the dealership was having to perform to get it sold.

Aug. 6th 2021, I found an almost new looking 2015 J200 series with 90k. I’m finally a J200 series owner, which has been journey looking for the right one. I look forward to continuing to collaborate here on the LC forum.

Last edited:
From my experience . . .

If its cheap and needs fixing - and you're prepared to do it - treat it as an on-going project and live with its faults and the maintenance costs.

If you have worries about it and you don't want a 'project' vehicle . . . Walk away now as you will never be happy with it.

It all depends on whether its a 'full-time' car or and 'occasional' hobby vehicle that you actually like.

All my Toyota 4x4s have been money pits !

Bob.

I wouldn’t let the mileage put you off !! With service history that’s perfect!! These engines are built to last. How much you paying as a mater of interest??

Sale price is $19,333 but with additional repairs of $1.350, the new sale price will be $20,683

With enough bad luck the front diff can grenade on an icy driveway...
But isn't $20k on the higher end for the US?

Thanks, Ivan, appreciate the insight, and even with the repairs, and maintaining this LC, I believe I’ll wrap up the deal on Monday!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My experience - these cars are mainly easy and fast to make major swap-outs. You do need bigger tools than for ordinary boring cars. Get the car right and it will easily give you a MILLION MILES of low cost maintenance and high reliability.
I have the LC100. 2005 with the petrol V8 converted to LPG ..... 2UZFE - it seems bullet proof, extreeeemly practical, a great ride even when doing 12++ hours driving
Good luck with your purchase, I bet you will enjoy it for many years

Back