Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

24v Starter PITA

An age old problem on many vehicles not just the 80. The classic was the owner would crank the engine and see smoke pouring from under the bonnet, it would have been the throttle cable being used by the load as an earth.

regards

Dave

Been there Dave, in the good old days, melting choke cables :lol:

Now they’re a thing of the past aren’t they... :character-oldtimer:

Been there Dave, in the good old days, melting choke cables :lol:

Now they’re a thing of the past aren’t they... :character-oldtimer:

A classic for sure! Last week I was called out to a Seat Ibiza, power would reduce to idle at around 40kph, the knowledgeable owner told me I wont need my computer as it is dirt in the carburettor! :laughing-rolling:

It was an intermittent faulty brake light bulb!

Such are the cars these days.

regards

Dave

And tractors , and diggers , and trucks , and chainsaws .......just about bloomin anything now is too smart for it's own good......
Hence why my vehicles range in age from 1943 to 1997...... the Mrs E Class is just about untouchable without a computer ....

VW Intermittent air bag light comes on. They can reset and this cures for 5 miles. At least they can reset to get it through MOT!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
These are not uncommon problems Frank, unless you have some emulators it can be a problem to find. Many of the computers even with updated software cannot compare with VW OE equipment! :(

Even emulators have to be specific these days. Mercedes even alter the deployment time (a few miliseconds) of the air bag depending on the weight of the person sitting in the seat!

It is getting harder and harder to diagnose faults!

regards

Dave

Back