Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

33" spare tyre

Gary820

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Just a quick one really. Will a 33" tyre fit in the stock location underneath for The spare wheel?

Looking into a second set of tyres but AT's for general use and thought about 33's. As I keep the 35" spare in the boot it won't always be practicable! If I can talk the missus into a bit of Europe next year I don't wanna trip myself up when she asks where the spare is going to live!

Yes. My 285/75/16 fits in the stock spare space no problem

I only had to tidy up the trailer socket harness to get it in there.

Thanks for the replies. It was 285/75's I was thinking of and use the stock rims (painted matt black of course) . Don't want the MT's suffering on tarmac and AT's will be better for winter imo.

I got my 255.75.16s up there with room for an air tank above. They measure the tallest all of the 33's IIRC. But 'cos they're slim they don't hang down a lot. Almost like a space saver.

I thought about changing to 35 AT's but after a firm word with myself I figured a set of 33 Ats and keep the 35's for play. Less wear on the bfg's and better for winter.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They will fit under fine Gary.

The ats are a good tyre all round as well.

I got my 255.75.16s up there with room for an air tank above. They measure the tallest all of the 33's IIRC. But 'cos they're slim they don't hang down a lot. Almost like a space saver.

Chris .. did you mean 255.85.16? These are currently what I'm running and they fit in fine.

Haha, I knew there was something wrong when I typed that but forgot to go back. Yes 255.85.15. I still have 3 sitting around the back. Less than a 1000 miles on them. Good tyres.

Haha, I knew there was something wrong when I typed that but forgot to go back. Yes 255.85.15. I still have 3 sitting around the back. Less than a 1000 miles on them. Good tyres.

What make of tyres? :);-);-)

They're the Cooper ST. a really good tyre on the 80. They're a sort of intermediate between an AT and and MT. Being narrow they grip like a b**ch even in mud. If I'd had 4 I might have put them on the next cruiser.

Just so you all know the newer Cooper Discover STT 285/75 are 32" and a smidgen on 16x8 wheels and not even close to 33's .

Didn't think of going narrow tbh, might have to look into that. Only going to be for road use and winter, 12.50 mts just don't seem a great idea for winter driving lol.

Set of 4 on e bay but in Birmingham. Hmmmm

The Cooper STs are just over 33". Usually Cooper are one of the few brands that come out exactly what they say on the tin wrt sizes. Some are miles out. BFG usually spot on too.

Just had a look at those Gary. Same as mine. Honestly a really good tyre. If you do go for them, remember I have 3 more sitting here if you fancy building up a set. You really want 5 in any case not 4. I certainly wouldn't want that sort of money either.

I might take you up on that Chris. I'm going to message them on e bay and see if I buy would they hang onto them for a few weeks. Going to Reading on 6th October and can soon divert as work will be paying the fuel bill lol.
Look like would be good as a winter/everyday tyre, at most the odd gravel track type thing. Love it with the 35's but not always practicable.

I've now sorted some 33's so have a second set of wheels for everyday use. Thanks to Chris I'll have a couple of spares too :)
Will be putting the stock size road tyres in classifieds and run the 33's on stock rims (wife told me to leave them silver lol) won't wear my bfgs out on tarmac which is always good too :)

Back