Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

39k miles ? wow!

Lots of pics from underneath that look to me like it’s just been coated. Nothingvfrom the rear though and the transmission bash plate is missing. The bottom of the rear diff looks a bit scabby underneath the shiny new black.

My guess is it was used to tow and launch a boat for high days and holidays and not a lot else. I reckon an inspection of the tail end will reveal it’s been dipped in the briney a few times. Hence the corrosion on the MOT, scabby diff absence of under rear photos and lack of ‘Turbo’ decals. It is crazy money but there has been a few around this price, usually ‘Expedition Prepared’.

Another 18K one has appeared on eBay: "I'll start by saying this has to be the best Toyota 80 Series Landcruiser in the UK at the moment."

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've enquired out of idle curiosity. First claimed there was no rust, then on presentation of its MOT history as a response, said he'll send me a picture of the repair.

Owen

Its nice to see 80's and old Cruisers going up in value but I don't see the stratospheric prices being asked as realistic. Low mileage or not 12V's are not as valuable as 24Vs or as desirable. That 39K Cruiser is worth £7-8K max.
Good 100's seem to be holding the money at present ( or the asking prices) with a big jump from 4spd to 5 spd autos. Like all Cruisers of a certain age some can be in a state underneath.
Maybe the guys who break 80's are doing the ones with an 80 or 2 a big favour.

Much as I like my 80 I've still got the V8 100 series worm nibbling away at my brain, just can't get shut of it. If a very good low mileage example popped up, who knows.

nah, not a chance, I can buy a new 79 troopie for not much more than that! It's what it's on flea bay for. It seems to be passing through the hands of various chancers who keep upping the price

Where you finding a new Troupie for 25k?? I have cash...

They’re all LHD. How much is a RHD version?
You’d have to ask, they are available because some African countries have rhd. Oz doesn’t tend to do the 4.2n/a, just the v8 and I don’t think you can get that through euro emissions tests.

I just wonder which auction house it will end up at!! :grinning:

Back