Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

40 series mods and repairs FAQ

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Below is a (growing) FAQ for the 40 series as well as some interesting posts people have made about it.

Feel free to add to the thread, if your post is just a link or an Question with Answer, it will be added to this list (with credit) and your post deleted to keep the replies down.

This is pretty slim FAQ at the moment but if you have anything to add, do get in touch.

Below is a (growing) FAQ for the 40 series as well as some interesting posts people have made about it.

Feel free to add to the thread, if your post is just a link or an Question with Answer, it will be added to this list (with credit) and your post deleted to keep the replies down.

This is pretty slim FAQ at the moment but if you have anything to add, do get in touch.

New Member.
Andrew Blair
I have a BJ 42 -1983
Brought it in from Oz a number of years ago.
I have a question for anyone - where can I get/ buy a complete parts listing
for my truck?
Most after market operations need the original part numbers - finding them,
even via Toyota can prove tortuous.
I'd be grateful for any pointers
Regards
Andrew Blair
Wonston,UK
[email protected]

Hi Andrew and welcome.
over the years I have found that a combination of the www.sor.com online catalogue (because they often list the original Toyo part number in the description and the diagrams are really informative) together with a dvd i have which is an expanded version of the jp site (per Flint's post) but includes original part numbers.
I will try and copy the dvd and, if successful, i'll send you a copy. It is a bit choatic but there is a load of info.

Regards,
Rodger

FJ40 parts
Have lot of parts used for FJ 40 body style 1971. Have body parts doors, hoods, interior parts, differentials, transfer cases, transmissions lots more.... just ask We purchased a 71 fj that came with pallets of parts If you looking for something check with us to see if we have it Prices will be very fair We are located in Glen Burnie MD if you want to come and see what is available Our number to call 410-766-2727

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
New Member.
Andrew Blair
I have a BJ 42 -1983
Brought it in from Oz a number of years ago.
I have a question for anyone - where can I get/ buy a complete parts listing
for my truck?
Most after market operations need the original part numbers - finding them,
even via Toyota can prove tortuous.
I'd be grateful for any pointers
Regards
Andrew Blair
Wonston,UK
[email protected]

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/toyota

Another resource for part numbers is: www.toyodiy.com.
Enter your VIN number and it gives a broad spec but the different sections (engine/body/etc) it gives Toyota part numbers.

Rodger

Hi Rodger,
You’re right, but they kicked off the pictures-so I think the best are partsouq and sor for reference of unknown parts. But that’s only my view-tese sites gave me the best help.

Do you frequently visit the bushtaxi?

Stephan

Hi can sum one help me I am looking for fj45 40 clutch plate asp thanks a lot Tony.

Hi Tony,

Euro4x4parts.com have FJ45 clutch kits in stock -genuine and aftermarket.

If it is just the plate you are after then Megastore4x4.pt have Aisin clutch plates (two different sizes) in stock.

Trust you are both well.

Regards,

Rodger

Last edited:

Hi, I am a new user so excuse the ignorance re forum policies. Hopefully I will learn as we go along. I have recently acquired a BJ45LV and I am struggling to find any info on this particular model. It is a 2 door with ambulance doors in the rear and has a 3B motor. It is left hand drive and according to the seatbelt tag it is a 1977 model? Imported into Zambia from the Democratic Republic of the Congo in 1983. Can anyone help me with some details regarding this particular model?

IMG-20191007-WA0007.jpg IMG-20191007-WA0011.jpg
20191007_133529.jpg

Front Hub Rebuild, Disc Brake and rotor replacement, Landcruiser, FJ40

Back