Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

40 series round trip - Cumbria

Cliffy

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi All

Having just completed a 1,500 klm (in three days) trip to Cumbria and back to SE UK I thought I'd post/link to a couple of pics/clips. We averaged 8.9 klm per litre at typical 100klm/hr, not bad for this heavy duty truck. Not much to see as we forgot to charge the main camera!

Anyway, although I was expecting a bit of a drag it was actually seemingly an easy run.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/LandCruiser-HJ47-crew-cab/137492866421490?fref=photo

Attachments

• IMG-20141112-00391.jpg
    IMG-20141112-00391.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Lovely photos & vids Cliffy, and a great looking truck:thumbup: I'm very fond of Cumbria, thanks for posting :icon-biggrin:

Hi Clive
Thanks for this. We were very impressed with Cumbria too.
Cheers
Cliffy

I bet its a great place to go i've only been there once via land (been in most ports) and its a little bit off the map iirc i had to travel about 100 miles past Whitehaven on a train then get another train back thanks for posting and nice truck by the way :thumbup:

Nice, 40 looking great
Recognise those trails in the video clips, done them in landcruiser and hilux

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Shayne
Good to hear from you! Yes Cumbria was very nice, although we felt that North Wales is better, and yes closer. I'm heading to N Wales in Jan again.
Cliffy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Andy
Thanks for the compliments re truck. Yes, we love her - have had a lot of stuff done on her and much more to do yet! The trails are nice, but very short and tame compared to Strata Florida! Haven't needed to use diff lock on any trail anywhere yet, so still awaiting something challenging!
Cliffy

There are a few trails in lakes which are harder than strata Florida e.g Parkamoor and little langdale to tibberthwaite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

40 series round trip Cumbria

great scenery, looks like a very fun trip..........did you take the same trails as the jeeps?

Back