Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

5 x Nankang N889 mud terrains - 32x11.5R15

pyemaster

Garage
5 x Nankang N889 Mudstar M/T in 32x11.5 R15.

I have had these tyres for just over 2 years on my Hilux now and have driven 25,000 miles on them. They have exactly the same design tread design as the more well-known Maxxis Buckshot Mudder, and by all accounts perform exactly the same.

These are obviously a great tyre off road with plenty of traction in the mud, but my biggest surprise with them was on the road - they are very quiet for a mud terrain, and extremely hard wearing. Most importantly for a mud tyre, as the tread blocks are siped, they are very good in the wet.

When I bought them new they had 15mm of tread depth. After 25,000 miles they are evenly worn across the tread blocks and all still have 10-12mm of tread left, which means they should have at least another 4-5 years left in them.

The tyres all hold their pressure perfectly, have a strong bead when you air down, and the lugs are also drilled so they can be studded for winter use.

Pics can be found on the eBay ad - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192282539053

£300 please. Cash on collection, located in Malmesbury, Wiltshire.

Here is an online review of the tyre:

Nankang N889 Mudstar M/T Tire Review & Rating

Designed to be used in extreme conditions and particularly in serious off-road excursions, Nankang N889 Mudstar M/T tires have large aggressive tread blocks which significantly increase traction on poor surfaces. Created specifically for off-road pickups, 4×4’s and SUV’s, the N889 is designed to provide high performance traction at a budget-friendly cost.

Large, open tread voids provide enhanced traction by clearing mud from the tire and offer solid performance in a wide range of dry/wet road and off-road conditions. With superior steering and comfort, the N889 Mudstar MT also comes with a variable pitch tread block which helps to reduce noise and provide an all-round better quality ride.

The Mudstar MT tackles all types of off-road terrain and gets you through any of it. From deep mud, thick sand and rugged rocky surfaces, this tire handles them all. While some mud tires can’t handle particularly slippery surfaces, the N889’s have great traction and grip and also provide good wet and dry road surface performance. Even in winter conditions the open tread voids help to get rid of snow and maximize traction.

Hi guys, do you think £300 is a fair price for these? I know they've only been up a few days but not had any enquiries yet.

I would think it's fair for a matching set of 5 mud terrains only a third worn, but perhaps £300 is too optimistic? They're not BFGs but they're priced to accommodate that, and are still very good tyres.

Happy for any feedback!

Thanks
Owen

Hi Owen I think the market for 15" tyres is a smaller one than if they were 16's ( as regards Landcruisers) , around £550/ five new? Maybe half price or a fraction less might tempt?

In Cruiser world I've found it has to say BFG on it to command a good price S/H.

Thanks chap, appreciate your feedback, and I think you might be right.

In which case, new price £250.

£50 a corner not too bad for some decent mud terrains with years and years left in them...

Owen

Back