Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

60 Roof swap

24carrot

Hi I have just got a 60 to rebuild I am going to do a body off chassis up rebuild but I will need to replace the roof I have a body with a good roof I am going to build a frame inside to keep it all straight but has anyone dune this that has pictures and any advice would be appreciated

Thinking on how i would do it i guess i'd make sit on the window sill removable brackets so i cut each pillar on both trucks in exactly the same place , if that makes any sense ?

This will be worth some pics Carrot. I guess I'd be cutting it half way above the pillars. I'd look at the exploded diagram on Toyodiy to see how its put together.

Honey wax and fibreglass before cutting then you have a fibreglass template .

Remove all the seam sealer around the roof assembly, then you will be able to see the spot welds. Drill out the spot welds using a cobalt spot weld brill bit. There is a brazed seam at the top of the windshield post that you will have to separate. You may be able to salvage your headliner but it will be an exercise in patience. I installed new from SOR. The roof assembly itself is reasonably sturdy but care should be taken when handling it. Good luck.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back