Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

70 Series for sale, spares or repair (maybe)!

I think you would have trouble getting it onto a jig, let alone pulling it straight.

What a waste, because we didn't know the outcome of that little demo did we!!! :eusa-snooty:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bit of panel beating on the cruiser and itll be fine but I reckon the yellow one is a write off

Just a few useless stats on a Cat 797F (the largest dump truck in the Cat range)

Payload is a lot, easy to imagine over 100 t? Maybe more, 200 t? That's heavy, more? Yep, 363 t max

$US47,500 will buy you new rubber. A set of 6 one may ask? No that's each tyre (2009 prices).

Tyres stand over 4 m tall and each weighs over 5 t. Goodness knows what a wheel and tyre weigh together. Imagine one of them on a rear swing-out...

How many horses? Needs a lot to shift a 363 t payload at 42 mph, maybe 2,000? More? 3,000 horses? That's a stampede! No, much more Gross, 4,000 hp (2,983 kW)

How many cylinders? 8, or 10, maybe 12. More? 16? No, it's a V20 electronic common rail injection quad turbo diesel.

Gross machine operating weight, 623 t no less.

Purchase price? A good couple of $US millions maybe? Well yes, and some... POA, but more like $US 5 millions.

Hmmmm........V20......that's got me thinking.....just need to slide the seats riiiiight back....... :icon-cool:

Add full electric transmission to motors mounted in the wheel hubs and a monster generator and the need to take it to bits to transport it.

Words like 'behemoth' and 'leviathan' spring to mind.

I didn't get the point of the crushing. I guess it was some sort of safety video? Or perhaps a kind of, sport?

Back