Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

79 GXL Traction Control Fuse?

79 Man

Country Flag
australia
Hi Guys, just picked up a 2020 single cab. The damn traction control has got me stuck in the mud already. Is there a specific fuse for the ESC that i can pull, or is it integrated with the ABS? I have looked at the under the bonnet fuses and in the passenger kick panel and can't work out which one it would be...

Cheers

Hi Guys, just picked up a 2020 single cab. The damn traction control has got me stuck in the mud already. Is there a specific fuse for the ESC that i can pull, or is it integrated with the ABS? I have looked at the under the bonnet fuses and in the passenger kick panel and can't work out which one it would be...

Cheers
Why not just turn it off there is a switch to do this when the ignition is on, it will reset to on when you turn the ignition off so will have to use the switch each time, also if you put the factory lockers on it will automatically disable traction control, so i cant see why you would need to disable this permanently ?

Why not just turn it off there is a switch to do this when the ignition is on, it will reset to on when you turn the ignition off so will have to use the switch each time, also if you put the factory lockers on it will automatically disable traction control, so i cant see why you would need to disable this permanently ?

Because its a pain to turn the switch off every time i get in the vehicle? I will never need traction control turned on. It is a farm vehicle and it will rarely see the bitumen. All the traction control, or stability control (whatever it is) does is get me stuck when i forget to turn the switch off. But i also don't want the hubs locked in all the time either

Sorry, unhelpful reply.... but I reckon it's such a bummer the way the 70 series has gone these days. Traction control? Seriously? I guess Toyota needed to put it in for the ANCAP rating. Refreshing to hear somebody bought a 79 for farm work. Thats what it was designed for after all. I admit I do love a well presented capable touring rig, but some of the ladies on Instagram showing off their pimped out rigs are beyond ridiculous. Especially in Oz!

Back