Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 power antenna

signboy

Ours was broken when we got it, big surprise. I'd love to put something else in there, as I'm not fond of the extra complication. The haynes manual hasn't arrived in the mail, as it apparently has to come from across the "pond". So, I just had a look at it. Holy Crap. Does the body panel really have to come off? Am I missing something?

You can do it through the inner wing. I have replaced one that way. I have to do this truck too. Guess what. I'm taking the wing off. It's next to impossible and you need to be like Stretch Armstrong.

Our resident wing expert informs me that taking the wing off really is a piece of cake,

Chris

Getting the old one off is quite easy without removing the wing as there is an access hole.
I did buy a rubber jobby to replace it but tricky as it secures from underneath, i have since bought one where the locking collar goes externally but yet to fit it.

Agreed. Getting it off isn't a problem Getting it back on is a swine. I put a new motor on. If you replace the thing with a simple mast, you have to get the aerial lead through the bulkhead or cut the old mast off ans solder the old cable to the new mast. Which you certainly can't do with the wing on. I used the old cable to bull the new one through But it's very tight.

C

I just took the cable in through the large cable gland on the baulkhead and followed the path of my CB antenna.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back