Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series 4.2 auto reverse lights.

Kevin sherlock

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi All . I have 1991 Landcruiser 80 4.2 auto . Can anyone tell me where reverse light switch is or how they are operated . Please …

I haven't read through the Posts but there might be something Relevant..

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I have no PNDR12 illumination so I take it both are linked via something ! Is there a fuse , relay or control box somewhere ?

I dont have an Auto, Have you checked both fuse Boxes in cab/under bonnet..... someone with an Auto on here im sure will know....... But i did find this on another Forum.....
The reversing lights are fed from the gauge fuse, in the dash board to the right of the steering wheel. The auto gear switch for lights etc is under the vehicle and joins the wiring loom in a couple of connectors above the starting motor. Mine is a petrol model. If the in dash lights follow what gear the trans is in the switch should be ok. I spent some time trying to find connectors at the front of the vehicle to connect the reverse trigger wire for a reverse camera - gave up and wired it from the wire near the reverse light.......... Good luck

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There is a control box above the brake pedal.

When I converted my 1991 81 I used the auto wiring to work with the manual reverse feed and that wire is in the area by the starter motor.

When I go into reverse, the dash reverse light is illuminated and I still have the reverse beeper working with it.

Back