Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series axle

PETE BELL

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
hi im looking for a good 80 series front axle with locker and a steering box im going to fit it to my red car(winter project) any help would be great :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh Kaaaaaarl

He'll be along in a moment I'm sure

Chris

:D

Hi pete.

TBH i dont know how 80 series front axle and a 90 series rear will match up ratio wise.Have you looked into it?

Karl

Ive been talking to west coast off road and they say its the way they would do it now .the 90 rear axle is strong and it should be good match for the 80 axle ratio :idea:

It seems like you are saying that they are not the same ratio and that west coast are recommending it :?

Id say if the ratio is the same then i would obviously make it better still off road.

If you decide for sure let us know.Ill pm a price for a front axle for you to ponder over.

Thanks karl

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
thats what the man said-leave the rear where it is cos its better with the diff in the centre so the prop is in a straght line -80 one off to one side :thumbup:

Do you know which 80 ratio you are after, auto or manual?

NO not yet but its a job in progress :thumbup: still got homework to do

And there are different rear ratios in the 90 series too. Match made in heaven? Ratios aside, it has been done before I know. Going to be some wild cutting and welding there mate. We demand pictures.

Chris

[attachment=0:2imuo7g6]Can Do Colorado.jpg[/attachment:2imuo7g6]

Attachments

• Can Do Colorado.jpg
    Can Do Colorado.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 127
o yes im going to get a new camera and keep it in the workshop just for that ;) - now whitch ratios do i go for- bear in mind im changing the gearbox to a 3L surf box -auto or man i dont know yet- and is auto or man axles ? input input

I think we need to start with knowing what ratio axles your 90 has ;)

Man box auto axles my imput.You thinking surf box to make the prop suare up to the axle? with the transfer being opposit side ??

karl webster said:
Man box auto axles my imput.You thinking surf box to make the prop suare up to the axle? with the transfer being opposit side ??

YEP thats my thinking Karl :thumbup:

Back