Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series chassis rust guidance needed

I'd echo what's been said already - its rougher than our one, but not horrible - almost certainly salvageable, but definitely needs work. If you don't fancy doing it yourself I reckon you'll be looking at a grand or so to get this cleaned up and see what's there. Else its a couple of weekends with a grinder/wire brush.

TBH 6 hours round trip isn't too bad, given the shortage of decent 80s out there, but I'd want to check out the other 80-related issues before you commit - the buyers guide covers all this.

Yes I didn’t mind travelling and was worth a look. It’s got plenty of the other issues too but none that can’t be relatively easily sorted whilst being used.

Who are the go to people that know these cruisers to get the underside work done?

Hi Martin, further to out conversation and seeing the photos now I'm back in civilisation I'd say you were buying work there if you want to improve it and not leave it as it was. You can get better and as you didn't get a test drive to see if there was the usual 2nd gear synchro issue i'd be inclined to test your patience further and wait for the right one to turn up. It will.

Back