Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series damage/sourcing parts

Macka

Country Flag
australia
Hi Everyone, I'm hoping someone will be able to help us out/give some advice. We damaged our 80 series a little while ago, we sent it in to be repaired through our insurer and they ended up just paying us out for how much the repair would cost because apparently it's impossible to find genuine new or second hand parts for what's damaged. They recommended finding somewhere that could do after market parts but we haven't had any luck.... We would love to get the damage fixed so if anyone knows somewhere that could fix it/find parts or what we could do next that would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211027-175020_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211027-175020_Photos.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20211027-175017_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211027-175017_Photos.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20211027-175023_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211027-175023_Photos.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 38
I’d try an independent body shop rather than insurance appointed. Avoid using intermediaries such as legal companies and deal direct.
There’s also parts suppliers on here. @karl webster and @chapel gate plus @AndycruiserguyLomas often has parts and there may be others. For new parts you could try Amayama.com but some parts may come back as no longer available even if not listed as such with a price.
Good luck.

The shipping to Australia might just kill that source.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Where are you? I have both front fenders in white $200.

Last edited by a moderator:
you will find all the parts you need much easier, and more than likely in better nick in oz.

I don't think that Macka was asking to find the parts here in the UK. It's an international forum. It was US who somehow decided to suggest he lived here despite the Aussie flag in his signature ......

What makes you think it was someone from the US that suggested he lived here? :eusa-whistle:

Just don't mention the cricket.

Back