Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series long range tank

It does help, many thanks for the link. I need to let Karl reply naturally as he made the first suggestion of an offer on this. The steel one sounds like the item I was after. There does seem to be some confusion over part numbers on Toyo. So I need someone who knows exactly what's what.

Chas I may well be interested. Do you have any pictures and does t have the fitting kit.

Just got a reply from froggs to say the auction will run it's course.

Craig (cmcmill01 on here) has contacted me, he is still interested, he's waiting for a fitting price from Julian. There isn't a fitting kit apart from a couple of bracket thingys. these are pictures of the tank.
It is also the actual one that Karl used as a pattern for his tanks, he borrowed it to take measurements

Underneath, the tank has not been used, marks are just from transportation and storage in my garage, the tank is at Julian V's at the present time.

Bottom.JPG

Front

Front.JPG

Rear

Rear.JPG

Near side

Near side.JPG

Off side

Off side.JPG

Outlet

Outlet.JPG

The only fixings supplied with the tank

Brackets.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, I don't want to jump the gun if Craig has already expressed a keen interest then the right thing is for me to wait until he has pulled out.

You never know the Front runner one may go for less and that has all i need to fit and get going rather than trying to make a plan and get a fitting kit. I will email LRA and see if they can help with a fitting kit just to get a price.

Keep me posted as i am interested but don't want to just dive in if Craig is still keen.

OK Warren, you're next on the list.

Feel free to buy away Chris.

The he first should be here in a couple of weeks then others follow shortly after.

Karl, let me have some details and thought if you would. PM or text or whatever rather than further hijack this thread. I want a tank, have money. It's that simple. Tank needs to be compatible though with my build. That's the only restriction.

Eh?

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wouldn't say no to a few details too karl :icon-wink:
Tried to source a couple (for Chris and myself) through Toyota last year, great price just couldn't get them! Wasn't for a lack of trying lol.

Feel free to buy away Chris.

The he first should be here in a couple of weeks then others follow shortly after.

I'm also interested Karl, but as Chris said would need more details if its just a bare tank so as to accumulate the other parts. PM would be grand.

Hey, form an orderly queue back there ......

Stop shoving ...

:lol: :lol:

These tanks your getting from down under sound interesting Karl. Joined the back of the queue.

I had one from Footloose, but I asked Julian to take it out a few weeks ago and fit a 166l jobbie from ARB. It may still be at Julian's...?
Whoa, back the truck up a second. Fuel tank that goes above the spare wheel? Just how long have I been after one of those!!! Been a right pain, with people letting me down (No Gary not you) in trying to get one of these. I have all the filler parts sitting here but no tank.

Put me on the exceedingly interested list please Karl.

I was there recently to discuss this very issue Andrew and had a wander around. I didn't see what I was after. I think there was a Siamese tank which is just joined to the main tank, but that isn't the way I am going.

That's probably the one Chris, although not quite Siamese. The filler feeds the Aux tank directly which fills first, and there is a full bore connection from the top of the Aux tank to the main tank. The fuel is drawn from the Main tank as usual. The fuel gauge remains untouched, and therefore only starts to register fuel burn after the Aux tank has emptied.
I was there recently to discuss this very issue Andrew and had a wander around. I didn't see what I was after. I think there was a Siamese tank which is just joined to the main tank, but that isn't the way I am going.

That's probably the one Chris, although not quite Siamese. The filler feeds the Aux tank directly which fills first, and there is a full bore connection from the top of the Aux tank to the main tank. The fuel is drawn from the Main tank as usual. The fuel gauge remains untouched, and therefore only starts to register fuel burn after the Aux tank has emptied.

any pics of that set up? I think sounds how I'd want mine set up.

No worries, will have a Google search lol.

Offered the new sub tank up there this evening. Mmmm mm mm mmn. Fits like a glove. (Said in a Barry White sort of way) Perfect. Still no idea where the straps bolt in,. I suspect that a Rivnut session might be on the cards. But the tank is like it was made to go up there. Oh hang on ...

Offered the new sub tank up there this evening. Mmmm mm mm mmn. Fits like a glove. (Said in a Barry White sort of way) Perfect. Still no idea where the straps bolt in,. I suspect that a Rivnut session might be on the cards. But the tank is like it was made to go up there. Oh hang on ...

:thumbup:

Can you get me a photo before it goes up please Chris never to be seen again.

Not going to be fitted for a little while yet Karl. Got to clean, treat with Dinitrol first and get the tank straps sorted. Will take pics then for sure.

Back