Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80-Series overland build - "BLACK ONE"

Nice seats - are they from a BMW? (If I had to guess, I'd say an E38 7 series)
Yes :clap:

1pwrGnh.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's a really nice looking truck - love what you've done. :icon-cool:

P.S. great pics too! :thumbup:

Excellent photos there gytman, what a fine looking truck to be proud of :clap:

Oooh, plenty of sound deadening going in - has it made much difference? Did you do much at the front of the vehicle too?

I have the centre console off at the second whilst I am fitting the fuel gauge in there. Wow, what a racket coming through there! Seriously, you wouldn't think that little plastic tray would make any difference. I am ordering some sound deadening and I am going to cover the top of the gearbox with it.

I like the coating gytman, makes sense really and you've done a nice job.

Looks good. I'll be adding in some more sound proofing while I have the back ripped out.

Interesting picture

uploadfromtaptalk1440050501442.jpeg

I wonder what goes on there. My rust in that exact spot was so bad it went rght through the bodywork

uploadfromtaptalk1440050617781.jpg

We thought it might be something corrosive spilling there, now I'm not so certain.

Any thoughts on what could be causing that specific spot?

Common issue Gary. They go all along there but usually that's the highest point with the corrosion going backwards to the rear lights. My theory is that it's caused by condensation. I have been into those sections many times and often found the inner panel to have condensation on them. There is also the potential for window run off I guess. Mostly the sill drains deal with puddled water but on the other side of that rib there is a seam into which water can be pulled through capillary action where it sits and festers. It certainly seems they rust from the inside out. Then once perforated, it's game over.

Thanks CJ. Guess mine was just a particularly bad case. Now fixed though as are the arch tubs :)

Nice build - lovely looking truck.

Personally not sold on the Linex finish, but thats just my view - rest of the truck looks bang on - love the bumpers and rock rails :thumbup:

Back