Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Garfieldus

Country Flag
ireland
The suspension from the pictured 80 series is for sale.

The springs are Slinky progressive from Australia. They are the heavy duty version. The shocks are Ridepro. The picture of the springs and shocks was taken before they were fitted new in August 2014 and the vehicle has covered approximately 15,000 kilometers since.

One rear shock was damaged when the bottom retaining bolt fell out in Western Sahara and the shock extended and hit the road and started to leak. I have a new, unopened replacement which is included in the price.

The sale is for springs and shock absorbers only.

Price: €950.00 (Euro)

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 210
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 212
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 213
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Hi Garfieldus,
Do you still have these?

How did you find them when your truck was laden? I'm looking for suspension for mine but looking for a happy medium between Laden and unladen.

What are you going for instead?

Cheers,
Bakkies

Last edited:
Hi Bakkies,

Yes, I still have them. I have to say that I found them superb on the trip. Ride was almost plush on the road to Diama (I'll find a photo of it if you don't know it). Here's a photo of it sitting very nicely when loaded. I've gone for a smaller lift from FNB in Australia.

Attachments

• on_road.jpg
    on_road.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 174
That sits nicely indeed. The articulation is pretty impressive on these too.

What sort of lift do you get from these? That looks to be in excess of 2 inches. Did you have to extend brake hoses or the like to accommodate the lift?

Yes, the articulation is amazing. Lift unloaded is about 80mm, loaded is about 50mm. Yes, I replaced the brake lines with longer ones.

Also included in the sale are four arb link extenders. The two for the front are aluminium blocks and the two for the rear are steel of whatever is used on your 80.

Here's a sample of the two rear types....

swayba2.jpg

swaybar.jpg

Thanks Garfieldus! I'm doing a bit of shopping around at the moment and working out what will suit my truck in the long run. I'm getting it back tomorrow from Overland Cruisers so I can then start getting a feel as I've not done many miles since getting it a few weeks ago.I'll be in touch.

P.s Gutted that the Morocco excursion is full for October. I was keen on joining for our maiden voyage. Looking to be a belter of a trip!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok Bakkies.

Ask Julian about the Slinky springs and Ridepro shocks. He knows them well.

Gutted that the Morocco excursion is full for October. I was keen on joining for our maiden voyage. Looking to be a belter of a trip!

Ask Mark if there's a waiting list :)

I've been reading through the trip thread last night and I can't see anybody pulling out. I got myself well excited and when I got to page 10 Mark wrote that the trip is pretty much full :wtf: Maybe I'll express my interest anyway.

I saw the slinky kit on Julian's truck and boy, does it sit high! I'm pretty interested in the EFS too. It seems to get good press.
I guess I won't know until I get to grips with my truck and spend some time driving it and getting to know it.

I've asked him to put extended brake hoses on anyway, just in case. :thumbup:

Nice looking setup. I had Aussie Dobinson progressive springs before and liked them. Currently running OME heavies and would prefer progressives again.
Maybe you can switch em over when I arrive :)
sending PM on other subject

Removed from vehicle, available immediately and price reduced to €650.00.....

Back