Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

90 series headlights

I believe I’ve found some aftermarket ones, seem to ship worldwide from Malaysia

Now I’m not 100% sure they’re for 7inch bulbs or what moulds you’d need to fit over them, the description is pretty poor, but they look like they’re a round light assembly to replace the standard one. If anyone with better understanding is able to clarify this that would be awesome!

Edit* I think I might be wrong about that part but I’ve found a site that sells what we’re all looking for, it looks dodgy as hell but one the 90 series owners I follow on YouTube brought a set off them so I might give it a go and let you all know if I get scammed.

Last edited:
Its a fair bet i reckon , seems to me most such parts are developed in Malaysia them sent to China for mass production .

Id be most concerned about Australia being RHD , I have two sets of 90 series (square) angel eyes sat i my shed because despite both sellers insisting they were for RHD no amount of adjustment would allow them to meet our vehicle safety check which seems to be stricter in Oz

Id be most concerned about Australia being RHD , I have two sets of 90 series (square) angel eyes sat i my shed because despite both sellers insisting they were for RHD no amount of adjustment would allow them to meet our vehicle safety check which seems to be stricter in Oz
Cheers Shane that's frustrating, down here they can be pretty strict too I'm not sure how the regulations compare. This fella fit the set from the second link with a really solid walkthrough, stil on in his newest vid so no defect notice yet I'm guessing:
But he's also tinted his lights and put in multicolored LED's so I have a feeling he hasn't put too much thought into the legal side of things, tempted to give it a go once I've got a few more performance things running but don't want to be blinding people on the roads.

Only pic i can find of the ones i bought but i'm sure there are others on the forum somewhere .

1641838228899.png

Reactions: JML
Ahh yes, the ones I've posted are meant to be JDM fittings for 7 inch round headlights if I've read correctly, so I'd imagine are RHD/might fit a bit better than angel eyes?

Mine fit great its the reflectors that throw light the wrong way , and watching that vid for the first time its just had me wonder if they would be fine if i paint reflectors black :think:

That unit is different altogether , projector lights maybe ? ,

Get"RHD" in writing and use paypal to ensure a no quibble refund i guess , but given the amount of modification you need to do to fit them ????

Reactions: JML
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Agreed Shane, the challenge is the website uses google translate to get it into English as it’s for the JDM market so it’s all a bit vague. The fella in the video seemed to have no trouble fitting it as it’s supposedly just a copy of the optioned headlight assembly available in some counties. so clips in, but yes it would definitely take different bulbs. 7 inch I think? Still probably won’t be getting them for a bit but when I do I’ll give some feedback.

@JML did you sort the lights out? I got a secondhand set from a guy in Pakistan. The lights fitted perfect however the shroud/cowling required some thought and light heat persuasion to fit. They are for RHD and made by Koito same as genuine Toyota lights.

Attachments

• IMG_20220318_163302.jpg
    IMG_20220318_163302.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20220318_171235.jpg
    IMG_20220318_171235.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 167
@Mick W hey mate just saw and funnily enough just had a pair of these arrive today, probably off the same bloke. They look good on yours keen to fit them, how did you get the shrouds to fit exactly, reckon a heat gun will do the trick?

@JML the headlights fitted perfect and the light housing aligned nicely with the holes in the bulkhead. The shroud/cowling was a pain in the ass to make fit and needed a couple things. Firstly I had to trim some of the bumper plastic cover (see pic) and then apply some light heat to two of the shroud arms, both lower mounting points were about 3-5mm out of alignment with the bulkhead. Two other things to note, my indicator had a square/oblong clip whereas the headlight shroud receiver was round (see pic). I've trimmed my indicator and added a circular piece to make a tight fit. The other is that you'll loose the ability to change the height of the illumination via the dashboard switch. The round headlights don't have this function. Good luck, be patient and post some pics when you're done :thumbup:

Attachments

• LH.jpg
    LH.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Back