Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

90 series

rollavan

Country Flag
ireland
Hi lads just wondering would there be much bother, changing gearbox in a 2000 land cruiser.
I want to convert a Auto to manual.
Any info would be great cheers.:icon-biggrin:

Would be a fair bit of bother, would need pedal box clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder, possibly drive shafts are different too. I think it has been spoken about but no one has bothered doing it..

Would be a fair bit of bother, would need pedal box clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder, possibly drive shafts are different too. I think it has been spoken about but no one has bothered doing it..
Thanks lad.. ya seems a fair bit of work. Just out of interest converting a manual to auto,would that be difficult cheers

Mechanically a Auto to a Manual would probably be harder to to the amount of things you actually need. You might get lucky and not need different drive shafts. It's not hard and it's been done before.

I think a manual to Auto would be more difficult in my opinion as you would need a different ECU and wiring loom due to the electronics involved...

You'll also need a torque converter instead of a clutch and vice versa

We're slowly infiltrating...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not so bad, know a few lads down that way, why are you thinking of converting? You having bother with the auto box.

ahh well ya see Im just looking for a swb cruiser auto as im a wheelchair user..
Still need a jeep though.. looking for a swb auto hard enough got it appears..
Not worth converting one really.. era we will see..

Only chance you have of getting a swb auto to find a Japanese import prado, advantage of that is they have the intercooler version of the 3.0 litre 1kzte or newer d4d lump. Either one won't be very easily found, would the budget go as far as an early 120 series, lot more autos then.

There's not much difference in size between the 4 door and 2 door 90's rollavan and the 4 doors are usually auto's .

yes budget could go around the 8-9k mark lad..
ya a lot of imports are in auto..
defo would consider newershape..just make sure the injectors are done from what im told..
the older engine are better though are they...

Back