Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

90 speakers and led interior lights

jonnyboy54321

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Hi guys

Following the installation of the JVC head unit and Bluetooth thingy in my 95, I want to discreetly upgrade the speakers (especially front) without going mad with subs/mdf/dynamat etc.
Also looking to upgrade the interior lights with LED's so am looking for recommendations from you guys who have done this already please? Did a search to no avail.

Cheers
John

I'm pretty happy with my Infinity 3-ways that were a straight swap.

I upgraded the interior lights with LED panels with festoon adapters off eBay - cheap as chips. The front map lights, middle cabin light and rear compartment lights were all replaced for less than £10 total. Though you do have to wait a week or so for the bulbs to arrive from the Far East.

Very happy with the results.

Add: Similar to these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Inter...UK_Home_Garden_Lamps&var=&hash=item53f90e13b4

Last edited:
I put LED bulbs in the indicators on my petrol 80, but they then flash very quickly, I presume a resistor can be put in circuit to slow the flash but where could it be easily inserted and would one be needed for each bulb?

Chas, put your glasses on fella. He said INSIDE lights. Not indicators. Flashing interior lights? Not unless you're out dogging of course

Chas, put your glasses on fella. He said INSIDE lights. Not indicators. Flashing interior lights? Not unless you're out dogging of course

Yes I Know he said inside, I was just extrapolating (Ooh missus) the thread. And I've been to Specsavers. :eusa-naughty: Dogging? what's that? :think:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I upgraded the interior lights with LED panels with festoon adapters off eBay - cheap as chips. The front map lights, middle cabin light and rear compartment lights were all replaced for less than £10 total. Though you do have to wait a week or so for the bulbs to arrive from the Far East.

Very happy with the results.

Add: Similar to these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Inter...UK_Home_Garden_Lamps&var=&hash=item53f90e13b4
Hi Chad
Any idea what size ones you used?
I am laid up in bed with this blasted ankle hence trying to "use time effectively"

I seem to recall using 12 or 16 LED panels in the cabin lights and 8 LED panels for the map lights. Any more and they are too bright IMO. The festoons are different sizes, so make sure you get the right adapters with them.

For the interior LEDs I originally had some white SMD panels, but changed them for warm white which looks much nicer.

I fitted on of these into the top tailgate of the 80 and it makes a great loading light:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Signal-12volt-20-LED-tube-strip-light-Caravan-Motorhome-/380763736753?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item58a7498ab1
For a map light I got one of these from Halfords, end of line motorcycle marker light being sold off cheap.

Light.JPG

Gonna get Master JB Jnr to remove all the bulbs with me instructing him from the settee and get ebaying! Still need to look into the speakers....

I have a JVC Double Din unit which makes the original speakers sound very nice. I have a amp connected to it and a Sub in the boot and overall the system sounds good.

Don't underestimate the original speakers, they just lack top end bass but the sub will do this.

"If you've never heard anything better to compare to, you never know how bad the existing stuff is." :lol:

Back