Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

91 LJ 78 Diesel Prado

I happen to have the manual which came with mine, but I can only read the pictures! I have found a lot of cross references for common maintenance items, like filters, brake pads, clutch and pressure plate, etc. I found most items on Amazon. If any one wants the cross reference list, let me know.

I am having a blast with mine here in PA, I even took it to a Main Overland event, and I got lots of questions!

Hello Ben
I am a new member and also a new owner of a FZJ 78 - 1-KZ, this was import from Japan, is a 93, I will be very great full if you can kindly share you user and maintenence manuals with me, Im from Chile, Best regards
[email protected]

That rig is glorious! 33x12.50? I just got my 92' LJ 77 into Austin, Texas.

Hi ya'll. Im Al from the Philippines. I just got my LJ 78 last week from a girl who got it from her dad. She wanted to sell it to get one of those little urban cars currently being sold. Nice to know there's this community of people into the LCs.

I had so much fun reading your build Ben. I was so inspired, since mine is a mess. So i will have to do the rebuild just like yours.

Cheers to everyone!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi all,

I've been hunting around for AGES to find a service/repair manual for my old LJ79 - 3L 4-speed. She's about to hit the 400k milestone and it's definitely time to take apart the front wheel assembly and refit tie-rods, axle seals and pretty much every suspension bushing under there. I've ordered the Max Ellery manual for '72 - '90 diesel cruisers which does cover the Bundera but I'm not sure how comprehensively.

Ben - I've read some (although not all 300 pages!) of your LJ build and damn that truck is looking sweet! Any chance you could email me those toyota manuals too? I'd appreciate it a lot!

Cheers!

Hello guys,

I just got my LJ78 2LTE and I'd love to have a copy of the factory service manuals (FSM's), I noticed that the there is lubricant leakage from the bottom of the engine...

my email is [email protected]

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back