Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

a-bar

greengrass

Country Flag
england
Hi all,
Picked up a genuine Toyota A-bar to fit to Sluug but sadly no fitting kit with it.

Just wondered if anyone had an A-bar fitted to their 90 and would be kind enough to take some pictures for me of the brackets.

It looks like I need to remove the recovery eyes and fab some angle brackets up on the bottom end. There are some brackets further up which look like they fix through the bumper onto a crossmember possibly.
I've only had a quick look in the dark a minute ago so might have it completely wrong.

Any photos or even an unwanted fitting kit would be great :icon-biggrin:

Have an aftermarket one fitted to mine (sounds like same mountings). Will take some pics tomorrow. If you PM me an email address, I'll get them over to you.

Last edited:
Ive got one of these fitted

ours_wide.jpg

Can take some pics if you need them still, I made my own mounting brackets as well

Nice bar, totally different to mine sadly.
Thats not to say the brackets wouldn't be the same so if the offer of pics still stands I'd be very greatful

Here you go just made a couple of angle brackets using an old towbar drop plate, got/had (cant remember now) some longer bolts for the towing hook

bbbrkt_zps3839f03d.jpg

bbbrkt2_zps4939310b.jpg

It has got a couple of thin straps that go across the top of the bumper and bolt through the steel bumper bar behind the plastic just under the grille. they came with it but have no real strength only 1mm thick

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back