Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A few radio/CD dimensions anyone?

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi all,

I would be very happy if some 120 owner could get me a couple of easy dimensions over the next few days.

It's in relation to the stock head unit in the 120 LC3, however, I feel the aperture, would be the same in the LC4 and the LC5

I have included a picture attachment.

Basically, the red dimensions, are on an angle, from the bottom of the aperture to the top, and left to right.

The yellow dimensions, are the size of the head unit fascia.

To the nearest 2-3 mm would be OK, the closer the better :icon-biggrin:

Thanks all,

Gra.

Attachments

• LC radio - Copy arrow 1.jpg
    LC radio - Copy arrow 1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 700
12cm by 18cm as measured on my screen Gra. Depending on what resolution you took the picture at, the real life values might change. You would have to measure the real thing to work out the scaling. :icon-wink:

When I get my LC back I can measure for you :)

Mmmm,

Good reply Crispin, I might have expected that . ha, ha, ha,

OK, can wait, mei wenti.

If the LC5 has a full screen in there, if you can measure, still quite helpful.

Gra.

On mine the dimensions are as follows. Yellow is 100 x 197 Red is 215 x 132. Hope that helps, not sure how accurate my measurements are though... :think:

What are you sticking in Gra?

I was in halfrauds a few weeks back looking for a cd multi disc or satnav and when they checked they said there was no filler thingy available so am apparently stuck with the stereo in your picture.

With any luck they fed me a line of tripe.

Phil

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey Graham, the LC5 has a totally differnet surround and screen. I tried a few years ago to retro fit the LC5 screen, sat nav and bits, and had to give up. Apparently the wiring loom is totally different too... there is however a touch screen unit which can replace the standard LC4 unit, but I have no idea as to part numbers etc

I thought our radios were double din already :think:

Ya but is the radio and bezel not the same thing? Can't actually remember.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I would really like to change my radio as well. Does anyone have any ideas on this....? Sorry can't post links yet but if you had to copy the following and do a search on a certain buy / auction site [h=1]Toyota Land Cruiser 120-Series Prado 02-09 Car GPS Navigation IPOD TV Radio DVD[/h]
It's the second one down for £ 265.54

Any ideas.. thoughts... please - much appreciated! :icon-confused:

Riaan, You should be able to post links now. I've reduced it to 5 posts from the default 15

There are several different options.
I have a different idea every week, so what I thought last week, is not this weeks flavour, and might not be next weeks top pick !

There are just too many options, and this is the problem.

How about an Android 4 tablet, sized 215W x 132H, set on an angle from top to bottom?
Outputting to an amplifier, to the existing speakers.

Gra.

Ya but is the radio and bezel not the same thing? Can't actually remember.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
No in the LC4/3's the radio and bezel are separate. In fact I have seen a LC4 with a touch screen unit that is a direct replacement for just our radio's... but I can't find it right now

In my LC3, it really looks like a separate surround, and not part of the head unit.

Gra.

Back