Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A Manual Box, LWB D4D Colorado £7k-£10k

Jimbo4x4

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Talk about asking for hens teeth, I realise 95% of these beasts have auto boxes but he's adamant he doesn't want a "slush box". My bro's father in law has blown up one too many Shoguns and Isuzu Troopers and is on the lookout for a D4d 'rado. He may also consider a cheap 120 but bear in mind he only has £10k to spare.

Thanks guys.

Jim.

Hello i think that rules out the vx then so he will be looking at the gx or fx or a very early lc/2/3.

I wouldnt go back to a manual after driving my auto colorado :D get him to have a drive of some he is more than welcome to drive mine at lincomb if i make it.

Joe

silvercruiser said:
get him to have a drive of some he is more than welcome to drive mine at lincomb if i make it.

Joe

You're very brave, having been his passenger before I'd never let him drive mine :p :p :p

Not sure if I'm gonna make it to Lincomb myself yet and if I do I doubt he'll come along. Thanks for the offer though.

Re the auto box, he's an engineer and doesn't agree with anything he can't get his head round lol. Plus he doesn't like how there's no solid link between the engine and the wheels :roll:

Any more for any more?

silvercruiser said:
Hello i think that rules out the vx then so he will be looking at the gx or fx or a very early lc/2/3.

I wouldnt go back to a manual after driving my auto colorado :D get him to have a drive of some he is more than welcome to drive mine at lincomb if i make it.

Joe
I also suggest he drives an auto,

Manual boxes for these are days gone by.

I wouldn't have a manual again now.

Geaham

Crisis averted - Keith's sorted now ;)

He paid £6,200 for a 51 plate manual with 156,000 on the clock which I think sounds about right... then he told me it has had one lady owner from new with a full Toyota service history (anyone got experience of Denton/Rochdale dealerships?), and it has road tyres, no body damage, and no towbar. All signs point to a very much stress free life, lucky git.

Of course, with so much saved on his budget, he can afford to do lots of tastey modifications to it :twisted:

It's black and silver and he picks it up this week so I should get a good poke around it then :) I'll be directing him to this site too so watch out.

Mods, feel free to lock this thread now ;)

Jim.

Back