Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A polifically correct cartoon

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...htmare-on-board-flight-to-israel-9756899.html
In my opinion the Jews on that plane are not that far removed from the attitudes of terrorists, it's a case of imposing their beliefs on others.
I was on an El Al flight to Israel when an Ultra Orthodox Jew insisted on standing in the isle with a little black box strapped to his head praying to wherever it is they pray to causing problems for people wanting to pass, but not all Jews are like that, a lovely Jewish lady I was sitting next to said "That's so unnecessary we are all Jews on this flight" Obviously that wasn't strictly true but I knew what she meant.
Oh! and he had picked his spot carefully, right before the toilets so causing the maximum nuisance.

"a little black box trapped to his head"

Sorry, that would cause me to take up praying if I saw that on a plane :lol: (very TiC BTW!)

"a little black box trapped to his head"

Sorry, that would cause me to take up praying if I saw that on a plane :lol: (very TiC BTW!)

I presumed it held some sort of religious artefact, not a
nuked.gif

My wife is devout Romanian Orthodox, but she respects that I'm not (and I respect that she is) and we get along just fine.

The only time it makes trouble is on a Sunday when I'm not allowed to do anything that resembles "work".

I've quizzed her about what constitutes "work" and she's a bit stumped by that. For example, if I work at home on a Sunday, that means writing reports or such like on my laptop, she has no problem with that, but to me it's work, i.e. what I do for a living.

Conversely, if I go into the garden and start digging out the weeds, or mowing the lawn, for me that's recreation and shouldn't count. But oh no, that's work for sure and I get a row! :lol:

I'm allowed to take the truck off-road on a Sunday anyway, so that's a bonus I'm not going to argue with, until I get home and get the hose out to wash the mud off.

"Oi, washing the car is work, stop it" :laughing-rolling:

We laugh about it generally, who cares anyway? It's all about tolerance.

My Mrs is a Christian believer I am not. We work on a Sunday cos we have to make a living! But the only time it gets to be a problem is when "I go off on one" moaning about religion in general! :)

that thing on the flight isn't a piece of minor inconvenience. It is a disgusting and entirely unjustifiable attempt by the fanatics of a religion to repress others in the name of their religion. The suggestion that men and women should be segregated in this way is utterly abhorrent and is simply a way of trying to repress people in much the same was ISIS and the Taliban do. It's these extremes of religion that cause the problems and they should not be tolerated, whether it's christian extremists in America murdering doctors, islamic extremists mutilating women, or Jews on plane wanting segregation.

People have a right to practice what religion they like, but not if it represses, discriminates or harms others. I wouldn't have moved.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
See to me that is an extremists view Moggy they weren't objecting to others sharing seats with women they just didn't want to themselves , i compare that to smoking . Long before the ban came in i would always ask if a little old lady sat near me on a bus if she would mind if i smoked , of course i hoped she didn't object but if she did well live and let live sometimes involves compromise . Chas's story is very different he wasn't a Jew or a religious nut he was a dickhead and we can all play at that game , had i been on the flight i imagine i would suddenly be overcome with travel sickness and accidentally knock the dickhead on his ass in my innocent rush to the toilets :icon-twisted:

Last edited:
Interesting idea Shayne, that objecting to the repression of others is an extremist view!:thumbup:

Agin, the views of those Jews is an aberration of religion, where in the bible does it say women are unclean, ot that we shouldn't sit next to them on a plane? Didn't a woman who was a prostitute bathe Jesus' feet?

I was talking about events on the plane not the larger picture which is pushed by the article to incite and sell a few more copies .

Back