Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

About to be a new LC4 owner in Guildford

Well, if you'd chosen a 120 carefully Jon, you'd find that... :p

Gary Stockton said:
Welcome Jon

Add to your list:

Decent AT tyres (see if the dealer will do a swap for you)
Underbody protection. The OEM stuff is a bit flimsy, and I see Mr T sells a beefed-up version as an 'accessory', cheeky sods.

Have fun with the 150 though!

Gary

Where did you find this,Gary? Cant find it on the yota website.

Thanks,Gary. They look a bit more substantial.!!

I wonder how they compare to aftermarket ones, i think TJM have released some too.

Wonder whether mr T van get them in for you, and if the prices are better than the TJM or ASFIR ones??

It is getting closer, only two days until my new shiny arrives at the dealer and I've just flogged the Freelander.

Now if the dealer can just pull their finger out doing their bit..............

I might get it this weekend!!! :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I can feel the vibe's from here.

One happy chappy I would say.

Graham

Annnoyed chappie more like, just spoken to the dealer it it won't be ready for delivery/collection until the end of Wednesday!!! :x

Welcome Jon,

JonP said:
Cheers Nick,

Won't be doing many mods for a while, got that nice long 5 year warranty to think about.......

Jon
And now how many times have we heard that, Won't be doing many mods for a while

Welcom to the forum.

Graham

Gav Peter said:
Hey Jon

Welcome on board - I see you've met 'our Graham' on the darkside already :lol:

Cheers dude
Hi Gav,

:thumbup:

And now how many times have we heard that, Won't be doing many mods for a while

Welcom to the forum.

Graham[/quote]

Well, nothing that affects the warranty, at least.

Though thinking about it I quite fancy a pair of driving lights and I am still researching the underbody protection. My dealer doesn't seem to know anything about the Toyota plates that were referenced earlier on in this thread. Apart from the obvious benefits, are there any downsides to fitting underbody protection plates? For example, more difficult access for servicing (do they have to come off for an oil change??), do they trap dirt/mud and need regular removal and cleaning to prevent rust starting? Do they significantly reduce ground clearance if fitted without a suspension lift? Anything else I haven't thought of?

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has stopped by to say hello, much appreciated.

Cheers

Jon

The ASFIR plates which some of us have are good - they have the right voids for servicing, and dint really alter clearance much. They do get full of mud etc. so need to be taken off every now and then (no big deal) to give them a clean. A power washer is usually good enough :) although I had to take them off after last Lincomb!

Ask Ian Rubie for a price on the genuine Toyota ones ...

Gary Stockton said:
The ASFIR plates which some of us have are good - they have the right voids for servicing, and dint really alter clearance much. They do get full of mud etc. so need to be taken off every now and then (no big deal) to give them a clean. A power washer is usually good enough :) although I had to take them off after last Lincomb!

Ask Ian Rubie for a price on the genuine Toyota ones ...

Is Ian Rubie on this forum?

Never mind, I found him in the index....

And finally, dratted dealer can't deliver until next week, apparently their driver is busy at the moment. So I am going to have to go collect it myself. Still, a nice little trip out I suppose.

By the by, I did fancy some driving lights as I thought they would be a) useful and b) looked good, until I found out how much the dealer wanted to source/fit them. £750?????? They have got to be joking!

JonP said:
By the by, I did fancy some driving lights as I thought they would be a) useful and b) looked good, until I found out how much the dealer wanted to source/fit them. £750?????? They have got to be joking!
Don't worry, Jon - you'll find Toyota dealers have an almost inexhaustible supply of jokes when it comes to quoting for work and parts ;)

GOT IT!! :clap: :clap:

Of course the wife was moaning after I let her have a go because it doesn't accelerate as fast as he 2L focus.

Anyway, great car, already love it to bits and the number one son thinks it is damn fine as well..

Cheers

Jon

Back