Accessory power take off.

Andy Harvey

On the 80 series there is an accessory power point under the bonnet - battery 10amp, battery 20 amp, ignition switched and earth. Is there something like this on the 100 as I'm buggered if I can find it. There is a relay pack off the +ve battery terminal on the drivers side which I initially though may have feeds underneath it but it doesn't look like it. I want to take an ignition switched feed for the power for my front camera. Is there somewhere simple or do I need to take a feed back to the ignition switch. If so I will probably wire up a 30 Amp relay switched by the ignition siwtch and then cabled to a power distribution block for this so I have some extras.

uHu

Supporter
Country Flag
norway
If you have DRL (Daytime Running Lights) (or always have the light on), then take from one of the position/parking lamps.

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
No aux power socket like on the 80 :( I just tapped into the aux (cig lighter style) power circuit and used it to switch a relay to get aux key position switching. I did keep the under bonnet aux power box off my old 80 thinking I might wire it into the 100 but there's been no need.

Andy Harvey

Thanks Jon, that's what I'll do then. Figure the relay is the best option and I have some power distribution blocks - you know the ones like the Ricer boys use for their big stereo power for the amps can take one lead in 4 leads out so should give me some scope for further use.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them