Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Active suspesion

Does the MINI VCI FOR TOYOTA TIS adjust the neutral pressure? If not how is this done?

Is this something that Martin is aware of? Also ref the hydraulic rams, now that Martin has lots of experience with the system, maybe he could look at supplying a pattern or recon ram. In the '90's he used to supply these parts for XM's, Xantia's and BX's etc.

I'll give him a call on Monday, see what he says. I'm up for renewing the rest of my system. Gotta say, I love the AHC, I often have it in different settings according to the road and how I'm driving. All big cars should have them!

Toyota obviously looked at the design very carefully, Martin says that the 3 layer diaphragm is what keeps the air from migrating. When I got mine done they still have 50% pressure in. Not bad for an '01 car :icon-biggrin: Citroen Spheres lasted 3 - 4 years max. Plus as the system wears the driving characteristics in my opinion are more safe than standard systems. If you keep it maintained ('Stitch in time'), it'll last, with the added benefit that changing a sphere is easier than changing a shock absorber. Just my view.

I bought a set of spheres which came off a 2003 100 which had done only 26k miles and sent them to Martin for re-gassing. He confirmed they were all down about 100 psi or roughly 1/3 on what they should be. The refurbed ones are now fitted and the system has been bled and filled with new Toyo fluid but there is no difference in ride compared to the original spheres which had done 111k miles and the Comfort to Sport adjustment switch does not seem to make any difference although the lift and lower function seems to work as it should. I plan to get the Mini VCI suggested by uHu to check the neutral pressure settings referred to earlier but any ideas about what else might be causing the systems failure to respond to ride adjustment via the switch would be much appreciated. Neither the single cylindrical height control accumulator or the pump attenuator have been re-gassed and I wonder if this could be part of the problem.

The tester can only measure the Neutral Pressure. Adjustment is done by adjusting or changing the steel springs.

so is the adjustment made on the torsion bars? If so is there a procedure or way of deciding how much?

so is the adjustment made on the torsion bars? If so is there a procedure or way of deciding how much?
There are a few threads on this already. Generally you adjust the front springs until the pressure is right. Some people have posted a relationship between number of turns and reduction in pressure (Edit: 0.2 MPa per turn). For the rear, you can only change the springs; or you can reduce the height by adjusting the sensor and thereby reduce the ahc pressure a bit.

Last edited:
Can answer my own question on that... Torsion bars are for the front from memory.:oops:

Back