Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Advice needed. Upgrade of car stereo - Snow White

Caron

Country Flag
great_britain
Evening everyone, I am upgrading my original old car stereo with a Kenwood DMX7722DABS and adding a reversing camera - finally at last. I have purchased the connections as well as the DABS aerial, my question is - do I need a facia kit and if so where on earth do I buy one from? Many thanks in advance. Caron

You will find that the OE mounts are 'stepped', so if you have a DD flat screen then it should fit in the OE dash opening, but some of the DD mount kits won't work with the OE mounts, ask me how I know!

Eventually I used the OE mounts off the old stereo and fitted them to the new stereo, it took some time filing the OE mounts to get the new unit to fit neat and flush with dashboard opening. Also if yours is the newer touchscreen style there will be plenty of room behind it, this means you no longer need to have the 'computer' fan whirring away under the dashboard, simply unplug and call it done.

Regards

Dave.

Evening everyone, I am upgrading my original old car stereo with a Kenwood DMX7722DABS and adding a reversing camera - finally at last. I have purchased the connections as well as the DABS aerial, my question is - do I need a facia kit and if so where on earth do I buy one from? Many thanks in advance. Caron
If by facia kit you're talking about a surround for the faceplate/front of the unit, a double din unit sits fairly tight w/i the double din hole in the dash.
Otherwise, you can get a 8"x8" piece of ABS plastic and easily cut out a surround to fit if you like.

Back