Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Advice needed

Paul_Humphreys said:
What about a Volvo V70?
If you want a cheap trouble free one and don't know what to look for stay away from the ME7 engine management ones (1999 onwards) and AWD. The fly by wire throttle on ME7s can be problematic and the Haldex AWD system is prone to various issues including viscous coupling and bevel/angle gear failures. All of these issues are expensive to put right, so if you do buy one check the history. Mine had all these issues sorted and it is a brilliant car. Insurance is dirt cheap too, even for the very quick ones and trust me they are quick :cool: . Also there are less issues with the 4sp auto than the Aisin Warner 5sp which also needs expensive ATF which you will inevitable need to change as dealers treat it as sealed for life... Same goes for the S70

I see plenty of potential in this one Chas, I would start with tyres and a lift then get the tent on top...
On a more serious note well done :clap: Im sure you are glad to be back on the road. :auto-layrubber:

Rob said:
I see plenty of potential in this one Chas, I would start with tyres and a lift then get the tent on top... On a more serious note well done :clap: Im sure you are glad to be back on the road. :auto-layrubber:
Hahaha! I just hope Adrian Flux who quoted me for the Mercedes I was thinking of buying will quote me for the Lexus, they are both in the same insurance group so I hope it'll be OK :pray:

Good luck with the insurance Chas, I know alot of insurers don't like grey imports. I'm paying more for my 2.4 70 import than I would for a UK model 4.2 80 :?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice Mr Flux has got me insurance with a company called Ageas, cost an arm and a leg though, £960, but I would have had to pay something like that for the Cruiser because of the accident record and mods.
The Lexus will be coming down from East Yorkshire to London on Wed or Thurs, the owner is visiting his dad who lives in Stoke Newington.
If it turns out to be a dog I can still walk away, I haven't paid for it yet and he can't give me a bad feedback can he, eBay don't allow that anymore for buyers.
So in a couple of days I'll either be a very happy bunny
happy-102.gif
or really pi$$ed off
unhappy-076.gif
, I'll keep you informed chaps.

Hi Chas,

Okayyyyyyyyyyyyy, NICE :thumbup: :clap: :dance:

However I fail to see the connection between an old clapped out MB, :naughty: and a 4x4 Lexus RX300, :cool:

It reads very nice from the ad, and it looks like you could well be keeping this car for many years.

Also, guess it is also a "Toyota" in a way.

Gra.

Graham said:
Hi Chas,Okayyyyyyyyyyyyy, NICE :thumbup: :clap: :dance:
However I fail to see the connection between an old clapped out MB, :naughty: and a 4x4 Lexus RX300, :cool:
It reads very nice from the ad, and it looks like you could well be keeping this car for many years.
Also, guess it is also a "Toyota" in a way.Gra.
Originally I wanted a largish saloon with a bit of luxury and a couple of people on here mentioned Lexus, I think they were referring to saloons but I did a search on eBay and this one popped up finishing in two hours and I succumbed,
well I thought luxury AND 4x4 :thumbup:

Collected the Lexus RX300 today and so far I'm very pleased with it :cool: , there are a couple of niggles but I did know about them before I bought it, passenger side central locking doesn't work but can be locked/unlocked manually and same side electric windows won't function, could there be a connection (forgive the pun :oops: )
Filled the LPG tank 38 squids, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: PO says it does 200m/tankful that'd cost me £69 for diesel in the Cruiser. Got a drive down to Worthing tomorrow so I'll see what it does on a run,Whoo hoo, cheaper motoring here we come.

I think it was more the combination of Chas+cruiser that the insurers didn't like...

Very odd happening with the Lexus today. Yesterday I filled the LPG tank and put in £40 of petrol which took it to 3/4 full. I've been to Worthing today running on gas, but after a while I noticed the level in the petrol tank was dropping, at one point it was down to 1/4 full, checked that it was turned to gas, in case I had selected wrong, LPG was selected, then when I got back home after a round trip of 150 miles the petrol tank level was back to 3/4, go figure :confusion-confused:

Cossack said:
Very odd happening with the Lexus today. Yesterday I filled the LPG tank and put in £40 of petrol which took it to 3/4 full. I've been to Worthing today running on gas, but after a while I noticed the level in the petrol tank was dropping, at one point it was down to 1/4 full, checked that it was turned to gas, in case I had selected wrong, LPG was selected, then when I got back home after a round trip of 150 miles the petrol tank level was back to 3/4, go figure :confusion-confused:

Could it be the Lexus doesn't actually just measure the fuel in the tank but the onboard computer uses speedo and other info to calculate what should be left in the tank?
I'm sure some cars do this.

Steve-O said:
Cossack said:

Could it be the Lexus doesn't actually just measure the fuel in the tank but the onboard computer uses speedo and other info to calculate what should be left in the tank?
I'm sure some cars do this.
That's a possibility Steve, :think: it did occur to me that the LPG system may use the petrol level indication for the gas level when not running on petrol, but today the level has stayed at 3/4 and the LPG tank is nearly empty so it can't be that.

Does your lpg system use the petrol fuel gauge Chas?
My lpg level is supposed to indicate on the switch via a series of leds on the switch (long since given up just shows empty now, not enough weather sealing around the sensor on the lpg tank).

Steve-O said:
Does your lpg system use the petrol fuel gauge Chas?
My lpg level is supposed to indicate on the switch via a series of leds on the switch (long since given up just shows empty now, not enough weather sealing around the sensor on the lpg tank).
Mine has the LED system too, I just thought it may have been a tricky alternative.

Back