Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Advice on rear bumper

Pesca

Country Flag
netherlands
Does anyone know a place in europe where I could get a rear bumper for my troopy?

Looking for a type with swingout wheel and jerrycan on the rear.

48001813.jpg

Hi there. I’ve just purchased a Gobi X rear bumper for my HZJ78. I couldn’t be happier with it. It’s the one pictured in your original post. Every mounting hole lined up perfectly, the tow hitch is removable and able to be placed quite high if you need clearance. The LED lights are an improvement on the OEM, and the reversing light is powerful. I brought it from Genesis Import in Germany, and the service was great. The feature I really like is that for longer expeditions you can mount two spare wheels, or you can replace one spare wheel bracket with the jerry can holder. Of course, it wasn’t cheap.

Hi there. I’ve just purchased a Gobi X rear bumper for my HZJ78. I couldn’t be happier with it. It’s the one pictured in your original post. Every mounting hole lined up perfectly, the tow hitch is removable and able to be placed quite high if you need clearance. The LED lights are an improvement on the OEM, and the reversing light is powerful. I brought it from Genesis Import in Germany, and the service was great. The feature I really like is that for longer expeditions you can mount two spare wheels, or you can replace one spare wheel bracket with the jerry can holder. Of course, it wasn’t cheap.

Where did you order yours? And how much was it with the shipping included?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How is the fitment and build quality?

I cant comment on that really because i have a body lift so i had to more or less make my own mount . The bumper itself is like one piece pressed steel and personally i would have liked it to be of thicker steel , but no complaints given the bumper slots under the headlights and around the wings under the arch flares on my 90 measurements have to be quite precise and they are .

I cant comment on that really because i have a body lift so i had to more or less make my own mount . The bumper itself is like one piece pressed steel and personally i would have liked it to be of thicker steel , but no complaints given the bumper slots under the headlights and around the wings under the arch flares on my 90 measurements have to be quite precise and they are .

Thanks for the headsup, how thick is the steel on yours?

Thanks for the headsup, how thick is the steel on yours?

I will guess 4 or 5mm but the strength comes from its form , i chose it because its visually sympathetic to the curves of the 90's shape , but there's nothing to compare to the rear bumper you want being so completely different .

Back