Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aerial stuck up 3”

PtP

I had the usual problem of my aerial not going down all the way last night. It was stuck up by about 3”. I recall there was a simple fix which I eventually remembered – keep pressing the power button on the radio. :roll:

But my question is, “What is the purpose of the aerial not going down all the way?”

PtP said:
I had the usual problem of my aerial not going down all the way last night. It was stuck up by about 3”. I recall there was a simple fix which I eventually remembered – keep pressing the power button on the radio. :roll:

But my question is, “What is the purpose of the aerial not going down all the way?”

Peter

Have you not got a switch on the dash that sends the aerial up and down ?

I have on mine

Steve

I too think its Mr T's sick little joke! :lol:

I have the switch on the dash, but when the aerial is in the +3" mode, it won't go down all the way with the switch either, it still has the 3" showing.

As I mentioned, I'd read about the problem before and eventually remembered how to get it to work normally, so it seems to work as it should now.

I was curious as to why the aerial has this function, especially as I just cannot see any logical reason for it, other than to hang rubbish bags etc from. :)

Peter.

On mine, if the radio / cassette / CD is on, you can only put down the aerial to the +3 position. If you switch off the radio then it does go back down.

Like you I can think of absolutely no reason as to why it's like this. I actually preffered the arrangement on the 80 series where you had to put it up or down with the switch - certainly on mine there was no auto up feed from the radio or indeed a place for it on the aerial.

I think it was a case of the engineers having a stupid morning and inventing features because they could rather than because they were of any use.

Push it all the way up manually then turn your radio off and it will retract.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just worked out one thing. If you are on tape or CD, the aerial is only in the +3 position if Traffic Announcements are on, otherwise it is fully retracted. Guess it stays in the +3 position to get some kind of signal for the radio.

Back