Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aftermarket A/C / Factory install for 1986 Land cruiser?

Jtwilli3479

Country Flag
united_states
Hey there,

I just recently purchased a 1986 Landcruiser without A/C. It turns out I am moving to New Mexico and would like to have an A/C. I have yet to turn up any after market systems (besides vintage air's FJ-40 system). Is it possible to put the factory A/C system in or are there any aftermarket A/C systems that I haven't found? I am open to any suggestions. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

Cheers,
Jef

It should not be too hard to find a full kit from a FJ 60 that is getting parted out.

You need to determine if the truck ever had AC and it was removed. Very few were sold with no AC...

apparently it isnt to hard, i asked the question on an other forum and apparently the wiring is all under the dash ready to plug in, and the wire for the clutch is there in the engine bay to. Im in the same boat as you

You will need the aircon harmonic balancer (has extra pulley) aircon compressor and bracetry, Condenser, dryer receiver, all hoses, 2 holes need to be drilled in the firewall, mine appears to have to little divets in the sheet metal from the factory, im assuming these will be drilled out for the evaporator pipes, probably have to drill one for the water drain to. The big flexable hose under the dash is removed and the aircon unit goes in its place..
I hope to do this as soon as ive sourced all the bits...

Back