Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

AHC and Torsion bars

I had confusion with forums...
Anyhow the icarsoft pretty straight forward, easy to use and has all I need on the go.
Keep it in my glove compartment

The steering wheel as I learned has a role in the AHC system- while turning...
Stability control too..
I know company in Israel that make steering wheel sensors from the type you indicate - I will contact them
Did for them few molds and I know they supply these sensors to Audi

This way or another it's better keep these systems in good shape!!!

Arnon

TLC 100 IL

Arnonmg,

Did you manage to find out what was causing the car to leveling out in the morning?

Had a question I forgot to ask -
I noticed that when I start the car on the morning it is leveling and raise up the from slowly
It dose not happening every day but when it's happening it will be in the morning- first time I start the car.
Is it normal?
The height show N steady - no blinking
Another think I noticed is that sometimes when I turn off the engine the car lower the height relatively fast - kind of releasing pressure especially the rear part
Again - it's happening randomly

Any idea?

Arnon[

Arnonmg

I wonder if the rack has to be centered and then the rest of the suspension built up around it in that position. If so I would have thought there would be a locking pin to keep it steady for the build up. Otherwise it could be that the rack sensor centres itself after a certain amount of driving in a straight line but I don't see how a mechanism could tell whether or not the car is going in a straight line for that reference. Perhaps it is clear in the FWM " changing the rack".

I didn't find the reason for any of the above issues and actually it's still happening from time to time -
I figure out that there are few reasons -
Leak somewhere or bed sealing
High presser in the system
Some defect part like valve or sphere or what ever
I replaced the rear coil springs to King KTRS79 because the rear pressure sensor indicate high pressure ( that was 6 month ago)
Few weeks ago I notice that one of the rear shock absorber is wet - probably leaking and has to be replace
I did replace one of the front sock absorber and there is difference in reading and performance between right to left
My plan is to replace all 4 to new ones, replace the spheres as well,
I am looking for stronger torsion bars front and rear and plan to replace the originals
My thinking is to have more firm "body" and probably capable of carrying more weight and at the same time reduce the pressure on the AHC system
In order to keep the sock absorber effective travel I will probably use the Japanese brackets (somewhere here in the forum) or some spacers ...

Any how it's time to try something else - the car has now 271,000 km
In 260,000 I bleed the AHC and replace the rear springs

2006 TLC 100 IL

Can I jump in with a quick question here. Ref another thread I am currently sorting out steering/handling issues with my car.

The AHC fluid has been replaced and suspension seems firm although slightly lower on front nearside. I have noticed however that in the past - I have owned it 18 years from new - the suspension levels out as mentioned above when stopped or in other situations and the ride is very smooth. Now it never levels out and the ride is not smooth as well as handling/steering issues. Could this be an AHC issue and how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks.

Good News...
I got my icarsoft i905 today ...
Plug it into the DLC and it's working!!!
Can read pressures and height of AHC and totally 52 sensors
Arnonmg

Can this box also adjust AHC settings or is it diagnostics only?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The icarsoft can read the sensors - nothing more
There are several test protocol that this box can do but I am not qualified for that
With regard to the AHC. System - leveling, maintenance etc... There are few members here that help me solve my problems - suggest you speak with them first (uHu and another guy from USA that I forgot his name)
My first impression is that your AHC system and components need to be checked, adjust or replaced
Can't see how this system last so long when the only thing you do is oil change

Arnon

2006 TLC 100 IL

Just for your info - the readings available :
Pressure of accumulator
Pressure at front right / left
Pressure at rear
Height front right / left
Height rear
Reading these parameters will help you to adjust / level car height, pressures, torsion bars
The system carry part of the load and the other load carry by the torsion bars and coil springs

2006 TLC 100 IL

Just for your info - the readings available :
Pressure of accumulator
Pressure at front right / left
Pressure at rear
Height front right / left
Height rear
Reading these parameters will help you to adjust / level car height, pressures, torsion bars
The system carry part of the load and the other load carry by the torsion bars and coil springs

2006 TLC 100 IL

Thanks - Is AHC adjusted manually or with something that plugs in to the computer?

By adjusting the torsion bars you reduce or increase suspension pressure
The height calibration done with height sensor and in some way can also influence on suspension pressures
Look at the FMS for better understanding

2006 TLC 100 IL

apc: When you are done with reading all the ahc threads on this forum, go to mud and read 30-40 threads on the ahc system, and you will know what to do. Don't expect much help from a toyota dealer, as most of them don't understand the ahc, and don't have the patience to read up on it. Start here, e.g: http://forum.ih8mud.com/search/9983390/?q=ahc&o=relevance&c[node]=26

Back