Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ahc replacement

al/c

Country Flag
uk
my landcruiser has been sat outside the house for a couple of weeks, been using my other toyota 4x4:icon-biggrin: it,s a gt4. anyhow noticed a leak and it,s from the ahc, driver,s side rear. a pipe has split and it looks like nearly all the fluid has escaped. not going to try and repair this, so please recommend the best replacement. ...iron man , pedders, vehicle spends most of the time on the road, do tow now and then, anything up to 2.5 tons. thanks Alex.:thumbup:.

couldn,t wait for a reply so ordered a pedders kit today, tried paul at west coast 4x4 but would have to wait 6 weeks for iron man. the fun will start tomorrow. :thumbup:.

decided to start with the rear end as it seemed more difficult, anyhow managed that with my trusty grinder. so on to the front then, this should be a lot easier as you can get to everything, ......how wrong can you be. managed to change the shocks ok but the torsion bar adjusters will not move even using a breaker bar and extension, have been soaking in penetrating fluid for a few days so any ideas please. :think:

ok. heat and a breaker bar extension done that, but the rear torsion bar mounts are proving more difficult. will need more gas i feel as they are solid, or break out the plasma cutter and melt some metal.

all done and i,m impressed with the pedders kit. car drives great! struggling to upload pics unfortunately

Back