Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

AHC system - 'A stitch in time'

John.

Sorry but there are no prices as I dont do web stuff, I fix cars!! When the chap did the web page, I asked him to keep it simple and realy it is only a contact info site, the reason for no prices is if the price has to go up due to unforseen events I dont have to ask anyone to change it for me.

But the phone number is there and also the email, we prefer phone calls as I like to talk to people rather than type to a screen.

At the moment the price is £100 per sphere and we do a fitting service for £60 to fit the set of 4.

Regards.
Martin.

Thanks Martin for clearing that up. You will be rewarded in heaven......Blessed are the boys from Sawtry.

John

WOW! I've just come back from Sawtry after spending a great mid morning with Martin (and his colleague) at Pleiades and I can't stop smiling. When I've got time, I'll write up a more extensive editorial (with photo's) about my experiences renewing the dreaded spheres but for a quick summary, I'll say this. £144 inc VAT. You can do the maths! Nathan, I can't thank you enough for starting this thread. You done good boy!

John

PS: AndyW wrote this: " A set on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Landcr ... 20c21db278"

Andy

I would rather be dead than have anything to do with this ebay rip-off merchant. Martin might not know much about LC100 but what he doesn't know about air suspension isn't worth knowing in the first place. More than this I trust him a whole leap more than the other dude. When will people learn that having ethics in business count for something?

The Dark Dude

Dark Dude said:
PS: AndyW wrote this: " A set on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Landcr ... 20c21db278"

Andy

I would rather be dead than have anything to do with this ebay rip-off merchant. Martin might not know much about LC100 but what he doesn't know about air suspension isn't worth knowing in the first place. More than this I trust him a whole leap more than the other dude. When will people learn that having ethics in business count for something?

The Dark Dude

John, Dont shoot the messenger mate, I was only pointing the ebay ad out as an alternative to buying new from Toyota, have nothing to do with either company so far, but when or if I ever get problems with my AHC I will go to Pleiades, enough info has been posted on this forum regarding the service they offer. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Relax Andy.
I don't think anybody thought of it as any wrongdoing from your side. Just as a reference.
You still have an untainted reputation. :thumbup:

And another 12 points to Pleiades, btw. :thumbup:

Yo Andy, Chill, my brother

I'm sorry if I caused any offense. It wasn't meant to be taken that way but as a cautionary tale about double dealing. Martin has already mentioned about the "Ebay Dude" on this forum but the full tale of what happened just made my blood boil. Alas we live in a free market but I already know where I'm going to take my future business. I'm glad to know that you've made the same decision and if you're truck is more than 10 years old and your AHC system is as original, it will be a decision that you won't be regretting sooner rather than later.

John :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi John.

Thanks for the kind words, It is allways good to meet people in the flesh even if they do use up all the sugar that we have in two cups of tea!!

Phil was upset that the photo with his hand never made it on here.

Your truck with its LPG system was certainly a nice quiet runner and made me envious.

My only gripe with the ebay seller is that he bought a set from us and simply copied them after all our hard work in getting the pattern correct, just to do a blatent copy leaves a bad taste, but hey ho it's a free market out there, it's not the first time this sort of thing has happened with us and I doubt that it will be the last.

If you do decide to pop in for the rears, please give me plenty of notice and I will get some more sugar in.

All the best.

Martin.

Martin

I wasn't going to mention this but your tea making is a whole heap better than my man Dave at Herts Tyre and Exhaust. You still use a thing called a kettle (to boil water) and mugs to brew the tea in. Dave (shame upon him) gets his stuff out of a machine!!!!! :sick:

I've already done the deal with JW for his rear set of sphere, so you have got plenty of time to source extra supplies of the white stuff before I pitch again.

BTW: Today, I took Sharon out for her first ride in Hanna since the spheres transplant and she (Sharon) didn't throw up. A result, me thinks! :thumbup:

John

Martin

Folk on this forum are gents! Generally it's word of mouth that will decide were we purchase! You're the one that's put the leg work in and engaged with us for what's a great solution to an expensive problem... rest easy my friend!

Hi ,

Yesterday went to see Martin at PLEIADES and my spheres were down 50% approx .Had them changed to recon units and all is now well. I then drove nearly 220 miles home back to Bristol and the weather was the usual washout. The car preformed excellent and immediately noticed the car was felt firmer and the ride better . I would say felt like a new car. So to all whom have a car with AHC consider the swap if your spheres and old as mine (Amazon is 4.7V8 LPG 1999 import model).
I was charged the usual 50 pounds a corner plus 40 labour plus vat of course. £288.00 . Money well spent so now the next few little jobs to go.
Thanks Martin for the sound advice as well.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

That reminds me, I've still got to conclude the deal with Mr Wildsmith as regards a couple of rear spheres!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alas another happy customers takes the rough road to Sawtry and a smooth road back.

John

Martin

so how do we get new spheres in Australia ? i See you are O/S

Back