Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Air bags

Mark Whiteside

Ive had the 100 for a while now
And was thinking one day i might off road it
I was looking for a switch to turn the air bags off
Is there one?
Or would you have to pull a fuse or something?

I haven't read about or heard of a switch to turn the bags off on a 100 but it takes a fairly significant impact to set them off, not just running into a rock or tree at relatively low speeds off road :)

I've tried pretty hard to set mine off, including a memorable all systems stop in dunes that had me peeling my face of the top of the steering wheel
I wouldn't be worried about them going off

Julian said:
I've tried pretty hard to set mine off, including a memorable all systems stop in dunes that had me peeling my face of the top of the steering wheel
That's one way of testing them :lol:

Agree with the above.
The newer models with side airbags have a switch to turn off the Roll-sensing capability. The Impact-sensing will still work. The switch is marked "RSCA Off" (roll sensing curtain airbags) and is located above the RDL-switch on the LHD version. Used for serious dune bashing etc.

Air bag technology is pretty good and they calculate in this sort of thing generally. It's not just a bump that sets them off nowadays. But if you had an off road incident at about 30mph (sliding down a bank on your roof into a tree) I'd suggest that you might actually be praying for them to go off. Wouldn't you?

I'd leave them activated.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mine was in a front end bump mark and bent the front of chasie.

Air bags didnt go off :thumbup:

Back