Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Air con problems

morristhe999

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi Guys

A newbie to the forum so hi to all. Had a look through some previous threads could not see my issue there, so after some help/advice. I have a 2007 lc3 invincible. My air com has stopped working, was gassed not so long back, but the compressor was failing to engage, showing a fault on the dash, then a blinking light.
Having taken it to a couple of places they say replace the whole compressor including the clutch (one said the clutch was sparking) , which if needs must is fine-but I am not convinced. The inner part of the clutch spins freely by hand so i dont think its the pump siezed , more likely to be the clutch. Anyone else had similar problems ?, or can anyone recommend somewhere where they know they are talking about with air con systems.
I am in essex, but prepared to travel.

On my earlier 120 ('03 plate) there was an issue with the aircon relay in the main fusebox. I was able to prove the issue by swapping that relay with the front fog relay (both small grey relays). Toyota did an updated part number for the aircon relay and once that was replaced I never had trouble again.

Last edited:
I know, pffft they've changed their hosting arrangement. Want you to pay to link photos.

many thanks Trevor will give that a try

So as Photobucket are so unhelpful, these screen grabs show which 2 relays to swap over if your layout is the same. I can't remember which is which but the lid will tell you :)

IMG_2442.JPG IMG_2443.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Had to replace the relay on mine too after the air con stopped working, new relay cured it nicely.

Good luck!

Back