Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aircon system disconnection

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
Bit of a weird one. I know my condenser is shagged [leaking] but the rest of my system has not been tested so I could feasibly have more issues. I was about to start getting it rebuilt as I have a new condenser and dryer on hold with Simon Holton - but here's the unique issue. I'm prepping the truck to ship to Australia and border force are not big fans of aircon being gassed up anyway - they'll want certificates showing it it the "right sort of gas".

In addition, my old condenser has bio matter [bug guts] and fin damage that would be a PITA to clean anyway so I'm ok with replacement. I wanted to ask if it is fine to remove the condenser and dryer, blank off the pipes and pull the related fuses for aircon - and then ship? I think it will be easier to tell border force aircon is empty and disabled and then get it leak tested and checked through in Australia. I didn't see the point of installing the new condenser and dryer until we get to Oz because the system has been idle for a very long time. I can just stick the parts in the truck.

Anything else anyone thinks I should consider to ensure the aircon is completely deactivated and i'm not going to damage anything taking this approach?

1,Remove gas.
2,Remove condenser and cut off old connectors and weld or otherwise blank them and refit to pipework.
3,Vac out and charge system with dry nitrogen.
4,Remove the single electrical connection to the compressor clutch.
5,Ask your fridge engineer to sign a piece of paper ideally his letterhead, stating what has been done. If he records the pressure of nitrogen charge, you can see if this has diminished over the time it takes to get your truck to an Aussi fridge engineer.

Back