Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Alarm probs

joinerman

Garage
Following on from my previous post " Four years " I've not used the Lc for four days, left it at work & been using my van, today as works dead i thought i would clear the old girl out & maybe very reluctantly put her on the market, not had any work since the end of January ( well very very little ) locked her up with the fob but instead of the usual two beeps & flashes it did four as if something was left open, went round & checked everything & all ok, locked it again & all normal, came home only to get a call from the guy in the next workshop to me to say the alarms going off, back i go & it's stopped when i get there, locked it on the key, am i right in thinking if one of my batteries is dying it will cause this ? it's a Toad alarm btw.

I think a failing battery can cause it, the previous owner of mine chose to crudely disconnect the alarm as it was sounding all the time. I discovered that the battery was indeed FUBAR when I stopped for fuel on the way home.
I'd imagine it's some kind of backup in case a thief tries to unhook the battery to avoid triggering an alarm.

Last edited:
Your right dan, tested batteries today & one was virtually dead the other not much better, still started ok though, two new batteries & no alarm going off all the afternoon

Back