Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

All New 2022 Toyota Land Cruiser (300 Series) Off road Legend | V6 twin-turbo engine Review

Thanks for sharing, it's interesting to see more about the new 300.. a lot of electrics if buying when older.

I especially like that it has "unprecedented freedom of movement" Does that mean that I can travel and work in Europe for more than 90 days if I buy one?

Has the guy who designs the front of Landcruiser's been talking to the guy who does the rear of Land Rovers ?.....
That is a face only it's mother could love .

Another genuine review from Cynthia

The only thing that made any sense to me was the bit about the split tail gate.. The rest was pointless 'coz' No ones Driven it.....

Yes and the bit about why a V8 would be better than V6 for off-roading n reliability. The weight reduction aspect as well but no one know where the weight is taken off from. So will have to wait n see if LC will retain its capabilities

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
LC's always had a bigger motor so to see that the newest HD one has a 3.3 v6 td, its a little on the lighter side and the lowest in record of the station wagon range.

In that video I think he mentioned that 80 series are very good ones

We all realize that the 400 series, launched after 2030, will have no 1) gearbox 2) low range 3) driveshaft 4) differentials 5) lockers 6) stuff hanging under the chassis like exhaust, pipes, catalyst etc. It will be all-electric like Tesla's Cybertruck. That means more range, more power, more torque, more ground clearance, more fun and definitely more economy, more reliability and more durability with very few moving parts that can break or fail somehow. Stay tuned.... The Ultimate Land Cruiser is yet to come. Mark my words, fellows.

Reactions: Raj
"We all realize that the 400 series, launched after 2030, will have no 1) gearbox 2) low range 3) driveshaft 4) differentials 5) lockers 6) stuff hanging under the chassis like exhaust, pipes, catalyst etc. It will be all-electric like Tesla's Cybertruck. That means more range, more power, more torque, more ground clearance, more fun and definitely more economy, more reliability and more durability with very few moving parts that can break or fail somehow. Stay tuned.... The Ultimate Land Cruiser is yet to come. Mark my words, fellows."

George.... go sit in the shade and drink some water.... the heat's got to you.... ;-)

Electric LC .... scared of water.... no soul , no straight 6 or V8 TD soundtrack.... will rust quicker than a quick thing going on current downwards slope of Toyota rust proofing.... the future is bleak indeed for those of us who like vehicles with a heart and soul .

It is irrelevant whether you like the future or not. It's coming anyway.... It is inevitable, buddy. For the time being I am gonna get myself a 120 or 105 V8 until I.C.E. vehicles are banned for good....

I think ICE will stay for another 20-30 years. They will become rare in 10 years and finally disappear in 20-30 years. V8 LC are already rare cars in UK.

Hopefully my grandchildren will never live to see the day that the last Spitfire fly's because the loony agenda led nutters ban all ICE engines from running ...
These are the same misguided individuals that tell you to eat less meat grown on the fields around my house and that we should eat foodstuffs flown halfway round the globe to "save the planet" or laboratory grown meat , drink nut juice mixed with water and call it "milk" all the time stating it's "their right" to have as many children as they want.....

Τhe next stage of "saving the planet" involves not only electric cars but also compulsory vegan diet to save the pigs and cows from humans.... Brace yourselves. They ain't gonna stop at electrification. But I digress.... So back on topic. This new 300 series, will it be unibody or keep the ladder chassis architecture?

Don't think Toyota are silly enough to do away with a chassis ....what would all the Aussie guy's do if they can't chop a cruiser and extend it with a canopy ?

Hydrogen burning IC engines are now being developed that will ultimately take over from this blinkered rush towards battery power IMO. Hydrogen can be transported like fossil fuels, filling stations upgraded to handle it and vehicles refilled just as easily without the massive cost and disruption that widespread and readily available battery charging facilities will require. Development costs aside, a hydrogen IC engined vehicle will be no more expensive to produce than one with a fossil fuel engine with no uber expensive, heavy batteries with a limited lifespan.

Back