Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Amazing Himalayan Road

Lorin

Despite the irritating music this is worth a watch

Definitely now on my list of roads to drive

Gary don't look! It'll bring on a flashback!

Breathe .....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Amazing views, tight in places tough cruising not knowing if you have to reverse all the way back or to look at turning around lol.

Certainly daring to be wild, whilst loving the journey, not sure what vehicle that was and yet done amazing for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Amazing views, tight in places tough cruising not knowing if you have to reverse all the way back or to look at turning around lol.

Certainly darling to be wild, whilst loving the journey, not sure what vehicle that was and yet done amazing for what it's worth.

The vehicle was I beleive what we know as a Dacia Duster but badged as a Renault in most other places

Awesome.
think id rather take my first car on those narrow tracks than the 80 though.
E reg 4x4 panda..

Definitely not on my list of roads to drive
(Changed only one letter, Lorin.)
I'm used to roads on mountain shelves, and have no problems with heights, but this is a bit ott.

I could be persuaded to have a go but someone would have to drive in front of me so that when they fell off the edge it would be time to think again about where was that last turn round point.

Reactions: uHu
I've driven parts of this, there are a few such drives in that part of the country. What you -really- want to do, if you can get yourself out there, is to hit the shelf on the other end - ie. Bhutan side, and then work your way through the lower regions and come up the pooh way and then north to the leh.

don't forget the 'hostage' insurance, and dont travel alone. Although the situation in much of that area has improved a lot, w.r.t hostage thing.

@uHu - it will be fun, go on, I am sure you really do want to do this :)

Do you think after a while you just get use to it.. It was making my Willy fizz just watching.. Jeeez!!:shock:

Much clenching involved I would think......

Worth taking a small light car on a trip like this. In free fall a Dacia Duster, like a piece of paper, has a terminal velocity of 10 mph so you would land quite safely.

You might well be right Frank, just flip the awning on the way down and glide it into the nearest meadow....

Back