Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Amazon Blutooth Problem

Nathan01

I hope this is the correct section for this.
Firstly greetings everyone and good afternoon, my name is Nathan and I am putting up this thread for my Boss who owns a Land Cruiser Amazon, roughly 5 years old and it has fallen to me to fix his bluetooth connection problem :(

The problem is that there is no sound coming out of the speakers when making a call. The phone pairs fine and shows up in the paired devices list as normal, when a call comes though the radio turns off and starts ringing. The microphone seems to be working fine as the caller can hear fine but nothing is coming out of the speakers. In short when my boss calls me from his car, I can hear him but he can't hear me.

Does anyone know of a fault or common cause for this issue, I have tried pairing differnet phones and all do the same so I have discounted the posibility that the phone is the problem. The radio works fine so there does not seem to be a problem with the speakers. I have looked though the settings and can't find anything muted or anything like that.

Please can anyone help, would really appreciate it as would my boss.

Regards

Nathan

This is not meant to be a smart arse suggestion but have you turned up the volume on the stereo ? Sometimes the call volume is a lot lower than music.

This is not meant to be a smart arse suggestion but have you turned up the volume on the stereo ? Sometimes the call volume is a lot lower than music.

Hi zeus, dont worry about sounding smart arse as I already feel a bit stupid as it seems like such a simple problem. I did try turning up the volume as my Honda has the same feature but in this case it is definitely at full volume yet still no sound. Is there a way to reset to factory settings? The old "switch it off and on again" approach may be the answer?

Its a complete guess but isn't likely the phone uses a different speaker to the radio ?

I remember calling my sister once and she had to turn the radio down so i could hear her , it did not alter the volume of her voice .

Could just be a loose wire on a speaker you haven't found yet ?

I have a Nokia Blootoof on my Colly and it does run on a seperate speaker for the phone - its connected to the music system and automatically mutes when a call comes in. All I have to do now is suss out the voice activation thingy......
Steve

Back