Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

an Early summer meeting 2016

Trailer set up worked spectacularly well. Very pleased and the Fox shelter did us proud last night.View attachment 42070

that foxwing with the side panels is really good!

do you use some sort of spring guy lines at the end of those ? in the wind with the truck moving around, i can imagine the ends are going to need some flex ( or is it a case of ; if there is enough wind to move the truck, best to put the foxwing away anyway... )

The awning sides actually have three tie down options. There are eyelets for pegs, there are bungees for pegs and sewn on tags with guy lines attached. Once it's pegged out properly it's actually just about as strong as a normal tent. It's only a danger in the wind whilst you are setting up. Once the poles are in and you have some rock pegs drive in it should be fine.

Last edited:
The bonnet sits about the same height as the roof of the dinky fiesta that's parked next to it outside on the parking lot lol

Its a beast Lund on seeing your truck the mrs said for the first time ever with regards to an 80 "why haven't you got one of them" :astonished:

20 miles from home we ran into adverse weather conditions as they like to call it on electronic motorway signs , in plain English it was pissing down so now the fun begins

Attachments

• Mud 001.JPG
    Mud 001.JPG
    385.4 KB · Views: 105
We need a good howto on washing the engine bay !

To foil and protect the alternator or not... what detergent to use...

As a step one. I am going to just pop the bonnet , cling film some of the elecs and leave it standing facing the rain for a bit :)

It's a Landcruiser
15 minutes with a pressure washer on a cold engine and 15 minutes to dry and it fires right up , at least mine does . I used 2 cans of Gunk foam degreaser spray in there not long ago and brushed it around with a large paint brush so there's not much point in doing it again yet
Engine bay 001.JPG
Mud 001.JPG
. I must get some engine shine or that APC50 protector spray if i have the name right ? to finish things off .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
mud mud mud------ glad I stopped at the car wash (where we met KB) and let the ukranians get the worst of it... mine was caked in the engine bay as well.. got home, opened a beer, threw some logs in the fire pit and got the power wash out, all clean again :)

That last lane was a bit scratchy
polished 001.JPG

But 10 minutes with this gives me hope

polished 004.JPG

polished 002.JPG

Back