Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

and then there were two......what have I done ?!?!?!

if you want to just disable the lpg so it doesn't run on it just pull the main power from the unit (pop the fuse), this way it will run default all the time which is petrol, if you want to disconnect the gas then there should be a manual shut off valve on the multivalve on the lpg tank, typically this is a knurled nut, just turn this the opposite way to it is currently and it will disable the lpg supply but no the electrics, the lpg system will just think its r8un out of gas and again run only on petrol.

If you suspect head gasket pull both, you have so much to remove to get one off its pointless just doing the one side, this isnt a big job once you get the manifold out the way and there is lots of info available on line so any competent DIY'er should be able to do it. The fact that is either a V engine or quad cam should make no difference its just more bits thats all, dont let this scare you off, the job is just the same as a bog standard in line 4.

Workshop manual shopping time then I think,....

Lots of info available on line if you dig round

The 5VZ-FE isn't known for valve seat recession, and doesn't need flashlube according to LPG installers that I've spoken to and all I've read about 5VZ-FEs running on LPG.

this was questionable when I did the rounds, many said it didnt need it but SOME said it did and some were possibly, for the cost of it I did it

What you will see so as to be able to identify if it has it or not is a fluid container somewhere under the bonnet that has a pipe that connects to the inlet manifold somewhere, typically the container will be no bigger than a 1 litre bottle

Look what I just found in the white car :)
Aussie version too (car is an Oz import...)
20131013_153522.jpg

So........
I was going to start stripping the heads off the white v6 yesterday. Been very much in two minds what to do with this car as I do really like my black 3.0td now that I am starting to use it. I didn't proceed with the teardown as my valeter had a spare slot - so I had him have a go over the car first so I could check out just how bad the car is before making any decisions......
Here are a couple of before shots (from the vendor)
20131003_091525.jpg
20131003_091532 - Copy.jpg
20131003_091110.jpg
They don't really convey just how much of a minging state the car was in. Parked under a Eucalyptus tree, and had been there quite a while I think....I had to spend two hours (yes two full hours) with the pressure washer just to get it clean enough for my chap to touch it!!

And here are the afters (which I will replace with outdoors shots tomorrow when I get in from work)

So I really have a conundrum now as, driving it home, it is just so refined by comparison to the derv. Well, that is, if you ignore the clouds of smoke (!!!!). It's had some paintwork above the screen/A pillars, we think it's had a screen replaced and the tape at the top had been left on that long it was ripped off then blown over with a rattle can. Badly. Other than that it is almost unmarked. The arches/bumpers could do with refinishing. Wonder how it would look done all in white?
And to top it all off, a full engine has become available....

Attachments

• 20131003_091532.jpg
    20131003_091532.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 20131021_182240 - Copy.jpg
    20131021_182240 - Copy.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 20131021_182301 - Copy.jpg
    20131021_182301 - Copy.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 20131021_182325.jpg
    20131021_182325.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 20131021_182410.jpg
    20131021_182410.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks good after a clean up.

New engine plus lpg......cheaper to run than a diesel I reckon, lot smoother, quieter. Whats not to like?

Pete

Don't know why the "uncensored" pic is showing....lol
Anyone good with photoshop who could white out the arches and bumpers for me?

Not sure about all white, silver contrast looks ok.

Oh yeah, gerrit done J :) Saw an all silver one today & thought of you - allwhite gets my vote alright :)

Hmmmm
Can't get the pics deleted from the earlier post I made, so here are the nice pics:-
View attachment 9299
View attachment 9300
View attachment 9301
View attachment 9302
View attachment 9303
This one has had a front screen at some point I think, and it looks like they left the tape on too long and had to repaint the front of the roof and A pillars. Very badly.....
It's going in for a blowover tomorrow.
Had a full engine lined up for her but as I will be in a cast and on crutches for 14 weeks from Thursday I will have to let that go :(
Can't get any warranty on the engine that will exclude the first three months........

Back