Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

And they wonder why we drive a Toyota

Crispin said:
Trying to find the pic of you and Andrew playing submarine submarine at some pay and play day.

There are loads of photos of my submarine impressions, will this one do?

swimming.jpg

Ian, I am stuck for words,

Amazing
Graham

Last night there was this re-run of a TopGear episode where they did 1000 miles from Bolivia to Peru in 3 locally bought 4x4's.

Great tv.
Clarckson was driving a Classic RR and both the vehicle and him had its fair share of altitude sickness and overheating problems.
May drove a suzuki and needed a new back after the trip, the car had some deadly electrical problems.
And Hammond had a landcruiser 40 series without brakes, no roof and generally beaten to death.

Now and again you could get a glimpse of the support vehicles for the camera crew/mechanics, .... a few V8 Cruisers.

Anyway all 3 beaten up vehicles made it through the jungle, deserts and high altitudes with just minimal/critical repairs along the way.
Great backup indeed!

Ian Rubie said:
[quote="Crispin":2l7vcapq]Trying to find the pic of you and Andrew playing submarine submarine at some pay and play day.

swimming.jpg
[/quote:2l7vcapq]

That's the puppie! :D

Ian Rubie said:
[quote="Crispin":26gwz6w5]Trying to find the pic of you and Andrew playing submarine submarine at some pay and play day.
swimming.jpg
[/quote:26gwz6w5]
Full speed ahead Mr. Boatswain, full speed ahead :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Red Oktober said:
[quote="Ian Rubie":uh3hpd6r]
July20078.jpg

Awesome pic .... :shock: :shock: :cool: :cool: :cool: :thumbup: :thumbup:[/quote:uh3hpd6r]

Holy Catfish! Now I'd like to see the photo of the same truck in a car wash! :cool: :cool: :cool:

John

The Dark Dude

Dark Dude said:
Holy Catfish! Now I'd like to see the photo of the same truck in a car wash!
John, mother nature washes my car every time it rains!!
Gav Peter said:
You ought to have shut your sunroof Ian!!! :lol:
Gav, yes that was a slight oversight. A lot of water came in :lol: We actually got the car floating shortly after that. I thought we were in big trouble as we suddenly lost forward momentum. Took a while to figure out what was happening. Eventually enough water came in through the heater vents to sink the car. Once we touched down we drove out just fine.

Ian

Ian Rubie said:
[quote="Dark Dude":un0j3x3c]Holy Catfish! Now I'd like to see the photo of the same truck in a car wash!
John, mother nature washes my car every time it rains!!
Gav Peter said:
You ought to have shut your sunroof Ian!!! :lol:
Gav, yes that was a slight oversight. A lot of water came in :lol: We actually got the car floating shortly after that. I thought we were in big trouble as we suddenly lost forward momentum. Took a while to figure out what was happening. Eventually enough water came in through the heater vents to sink the car. Once we touched down we drove out just fine.

Ian[/quote:un0j3x3c]

You tell that to the poor firemen currently fighting forest fires all over a very dry Britain........

John

The Dark Dude

Ian Rubie said:
Gav Peter wrote:
You ought to have shut your sunroof Ian!!!

Gav, yes that was a slight oversight. A lot of water came in We actually got the car floating shortly after that. I thought we were in big trouble as we suddenly lost forward momentum. Took a while to figure out what was happening. Eventually enough water came in through the heater vents to sink the car. Once we touched down we drove out just fine.
:lol: Loving it!!!

Back