Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Android head unit install on 100VX

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
So following Jon's lead I decided to install a T'Eyes CC3 android10 10.2" head unit in the 100. What a palaver. It's still not quite right, but we're ironing out the niggles.

Original 2005 dash - dated and no map updates available since 2014. Side vents removed, bit sticky at the bottom so need to be really gentle...

20230115_123651.jpg

Wiring harness as supplied is way too confusing so I taped it up for clarity:
20230126_120800.jpg
20230126_120828.jpg

Who knew that behind the radio / touch screen and climate control unit there was such a big space, filled with loads of wires....
IMG-20230123-WA0004.jpg

But after some fiddling I now have it installed and working.... thanks Jon for the support lol
20230123_133233.jpg

Because its Android it runs Google maps natively for navigation. It also has 3 x USB slots and a sim card slot, so connectivity is a breeze. I've added DAB+ radio via one of the USBs and will now add a USB TPMS system so I can keep an eye on wheels...

The climate control didn't work initially due to user error - I'd not connected up one of the leads. The OEM radio is mostly redundant now which is a bit of a pity but Spotify and Bluetooth audio makes up for that.
20230122_153746.jpg

The backlighting on the 3 buttons below the radio no longer works and if I lock the car with the fob the alarm kicks off, and as I've put in proper Hella hooters it's ultra loud so a bit of investigation needed there.

Reverse camera has to be replaced. I've pulled the wiring harness for that, just got to install the camera now where the OEM one goes.

Generally very happy, and at well under £500 not too bad.

Think I will get a car sparky for my conversion as when you got five thumbs on each hand not much goes right Orr wait till the pub spring meeting and see if Starcruiser turns up now that sounds like a proper plan

Back